Sign in to follow this  
John Drew

Red Sonja (2010)

Let's hope they redo that tagline from the 1985 version.

Robert Rodriguez is producing and reteaming with his Planet Terror star Rose McGowan.

"I do have a very scrappy-do personality," says McGowan, who will undergo intense training before filming starts in October. "I lean toward physicality. The story has characters trashed by life who fight their way back. That is my theme."

Unlike her one-legged Planet Terror heroine, she assures, "I need all my limbs for this."

USA Today story here.

Edited by Baal_T'shuvah

'Red Sonja' Movie Lands New Writer (Exclusive)

The story of the female warrior, a creation of Conan the Barbarian author Robert E. Howard and comic writer Roy Thomas, has been long in development at Nu Image/Millennium Films.

And now after a dormant phase, the redheaded fighter is back in action, with the company hiring Christopher Cosmos to write a brand new script.

No director is attached nor are any actors involved at this stage. . . .

Hollywood Reporter, February 26

Bryan Singer in Talks to Direct 'Red Sonja' for Millennium (Exclusive)
The X-Men: Apocalypse helmer, who has battled bad PR, lawsuits and continued scrutiny in the post-#MeToo era — none of which seems to have stuck — would take the reins on a big-screen adaptation of the 1970s sword-and-sorcery Conan the Barbarian comic book spinoff. Ashley Miller, who wrote X-Men: First Class (which Singer produced), is writing the screenplay.
Millennium is financing and producing the new version of Red Sonja and is hoping to start a franchise and capture the audience that turned out for Warner Bros.' Wonder Woman.
Hollywood Reporter, September 17