Sign in to follow this  
Buckeye Jones

NCAA Tournament 2009

Louahvulle vs. Memphis, Pitt vs. UNC

Memphis over 'Vulle in the finals.

Mike is on to something here. The Cards and Memphis can't meet both in the semis and final, however pleasant that would be to their fans. UNC over Louisville.

Mike is on to something here. The Cards and Memphis can't meet both in the semis and final, however pleasant that would be to their fans. UNC over Louisville.

Too little sleep this am. Sorry. I have Louisville falling to the Tigers, and Pitt beating UNC and then losing to Memphis in the finals. I haven't even had a chance to check the scores--I may be shot already.

WKU represented last night. As a resident of Western Kentucky, it is good to see my state and region well-represented, even without our flagship institution.

even without our flagship institution.

Oh, Louisville will do fine, I'm sure. No flagship lost. Really. :twisted:

Heh. Yeah, I know. I just like poking you on the subject.

ugh, the midwest region ruined my brackets. its not over til its over, but I'm guessing my $5 are long gone.

What is the proportion of Michigan to Michigan State fans? Like in Kentucky, I look at it as 7 to 1 of Kentucky over Louisville.

Remember two things: both schools are in the Big Ten; MSU started out as Michigan Agricultural College and there are a lot of farms in Michigan (MSU devised an indoor real grass system for the Sliverdome's hosting of the World Cup '94). That said, I'll bet that it is just about 50/50 statewide. Urban centers 60/40 to 70/30 favoring UM.

Louisville is not a statewide school and does not have the tradition that UK has. Dennie Crum is the guy who led Louisville to the big time, right?

Edited by Rich Kennedy

What is the proportion of Michigan to Michigan State fans? Like in Kentucky, I look at it as 7 to 1 of Kentucky over Louisville.

Remember two things: both schools are in the Big Ten; MSU started out as Michigan Agricultural College and there are a lot of farms in Michigan (MSU devised an indoor real grass system for the Sliverdome's hosting of the World Cup '94). That said, I'll bet that it is just about 50/50 statewide. Urban centers 60/40 to 70/30 favoring UM.

Louisville is not a statewide school and does not have the tradition that UK has. Dennie Crum is the guy who led Louisville to the big time, right?

Yeah, that was Crum. Joe B. Hall and Denny have a statewide daily sports talk that is semi-interesting to listen to. Remember though that Pitino is Louisville's present coach, and Pitino is revered in this state. Tubby won his national championship with a Pitino recruited team. If Pitino would not have left to coach the Celtics, I am sure Lexington would have built statues and named parts of town after, just like do for horses.

Remember though that Pitino is Louisville's present coach, and Pitino is revered in this state. Tubby won his national championship with a Pitino recruited team. If Pitino would not have left to coach the Celtics, I am sure Lexington would have built statues and named parts of town after, just like do for horses.

But that's Pitino. Here in Detroit, if Larry Brown hadn't left, the Pistons would have either had two more NBA championships, or Brown and 'Sheed would have killed each other and we could have bronzed them.