Sign in to follow this  
Greg Wolfe

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes (Turn and face the strain)

Thanks, Deborah. It is big and bewildering here, but I hope also exhilarating.

We're building on strengths and thinking up a few new cool things to do here.

In the coming weeks our staff will learn some of the technical ins and outs.

I'm sure some of the old hands will be happy to provide help in the meantime.

Enjoy!

Well, I imagine Greg and whoever else is making decisions have taken some cues from years of moderation and forum hopping, and I'm happy leaving their decision alone (even if I see points to both sides). I'm certainly uneager to revivify a political board. I've not come across a board yet where I found the political discussion healthy. And I'm fine with contextualizing religious discussion to the arts as long as the bunnies don't go running far too long (and then, might they not be taken to private message?). I sort of like religion sections, little tastes of them, but as I think one person mentioned, I would waste far too much time there. And I've come to the conclusion (God help me, I think I may get an MDiv at a snooty place someday) that a lot of religious debate these days just makes my stomach turn, as passionate as I can be on some topics (circle back to the taking far too much of my time comment). Also, I imagine there is someplace on this board (?) where we just post little questions/announcements/have drinks at the pub (i.e.--"I am looking for someone who can make heads or tails out of Barth for private chat"). Maybe this would be the 10 day section for those who are able to post there (I currently find that I am blocked from starting topics anywhere)?

What I really came on here to say is that this is a dizzying place to orient oneself too. I think somewhere along the way I've seen book discussions and writing prompts (though I never could figure out what the assignment was, just that there had been one... like everyone was talking in mysterious code about "the way things go" here). Of course, this will probably all seem very simple in a week, whatever week I manage to spend more time on here (I write poetry, and I have been a very off and on participant lately at a poetry board which I used to be very devoted to and that also just revamped its site; I think I need to focus my time back there).

Thanks for the welcome, Cunningham and Greg. Fresh inspiration to all!

Deborah

Sign in to follow this