Sign in to follow this  
M. Leary

And Also Introducing...

We had our gender scan last night and discovered that among other things (scans these days are amazing: arteries, kidneys, bladders, ventricles, each bone in measurable relief) - Its a boy! (Due Feb 14.)

For a long time I have had William Columbus way at the top of the list of future boy's names, so little Wilco he may be.

Edited by MLeary

Congratulations! We recently found out we're having a boy as well (our second). And you're absolutely right, it's amazing what can they can see and determine with those scans.

It looks like is an abundance of little guys entering the world with some really good and smart parents to help them out. Congratulations to all of you!

And Also Woo hoo!!!

Columbus! That's an interesting choice, even for a middle name. (My mother-in-law was so mad at us when we gave James the middle name Sebastian, she had never heard of such a thing. Of course Sebastian isn't really that unusual ... especially compared to Columbus.)

Any connection to this Columba, perchance?

P.S. And congrats to Mr. & Mrs. Opus also!

I have always wondered why Columba was not just made masculine: Columbus.

Not sure about Columbus, as it is odd. But there is a great deal of backstory to the name in terms of his spirit of discovery, a memorable trip my wife and I made to Barcelona, and a collection of thoughts related to the discovery of The New World that also pop up less theologically in Malick's film of the same name.

But then, he really liked slavery. So...

Edited by MLeary

Scans ARE wonderful. I like skeletons. And the skeletons on our babies' scans, at least, showed up bright white and really stood out from the rest of the image. I have very fond memories of the twins' skeletons kicking at each other when they were in the womb.

Anyway, congrats.

I have very fond memories of the twins' skeletons kicking at each other when they were in the womb.

That is great.

We did a 3-D scan for our last child because the area in which we were living would not under any circumstances provide gender scans. The level of detail was so fine that the facial pictures we have from that scan look exactly like our daughter did when she was born and on through about 1 year old. So we actually "saw" her before she was born. Very amazing.

Mike, I am weeding the Short Term Parking. Would  you like this thread deleted or moved to the "About You" forum?