Sign in to follow this  
M. Dale Prins

Olympics 2016

Apparently no one here cares about the voting today but me. Then again, I may be the only one here expecting to live in Chicagoland in 2016.

Dale

Edited by M. Dale Prins

Metalfoot on Emmanuel Shall Come to Thee's Noel: "...this album is...monotony...bland, tripy fare..."

Vancouver's Olympics are only a few months away. It's been a controversial several few years, to be sure. Are things getting controversial in Chicago?

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Ouch.... Chicago didn't get past the first round. Thought for sure that they would be among the final two.

Formerly Baal_T'shuvah

"Everyone has the right to make an ass out of themselves. You just can't let the world judge you too much." - Maude 
Harold and Maude

Vancouver's Olympics are only a few months away. It's been a controversial several few years, to be sure. Are things getting controversial in Chicago?

Chicago had the best organized opposition of any of the four finalists, mostly due to the costs and the worry about giving those oh-so-clean Chicago, Cook County, and Illinois governments $2+ billion extra to play with.

I was in favor of it, though, since I have the advantage of being close to Chicago while being outside of Cook County -- cost overruns wouldn't have directly affected me much.

Dale

Metalfoot on Emmanuel Shall Come to Thee's Noel: "...this album is...monotony...bland, tripy fare..."

"I feel a nostalgia for an age yet to come..."
Opus, Twitter, Facebook

That bites. What, you want to get mugged or knifed? Go to the Olympics in 2016.

Hmmph.

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

That bites. What, you want to get mugged or knifed? Go to the Olympics in 2016.

Hmmph.

No no. What you want is string bikini sprinters and pole vaulters and thongs for the male competitors. They'll wall off the bad neighborhoods, but the producers at the scene won't be able to make up their minds between beach shots and actual competition. You wait. '16? I'll be 63 by then. Wonder if I'll be interested in the distraction?

"During the contest trial, the Coleman team presented evidence of a further 6500 absentees that it felt deserved to be included under the process that had produced the prior 933 [submitted by Franken, rk]. The three judges finally defined what constituted a 'legal' absentee ballot. Countable ballots, for instance, had to contain the signature of the voter, complete registration information, and proper witness credentials.

But the panel only applied the standards going forward, severely reducing the universe of additional basentees the Coleman team could hope to have included. In the end, the three judges allowed about 350 additional absentees to be counted. The panel also did nothing about the hundreds, possibly thousands, of absentees that have already been legally included, yet are now 'illegal' according to the panel's own ex-post definition."

The Wall Street Journal editorial, April 18, 2009 concerning the Franken Coleman decision in the Minnesota U.S. Senate race of 2008.

LOL :)

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.