Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

missing the political forum

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

no, we really don't need it, but it would be so fun to hear our Canadian friends explain prorouging to us.

Posted · Report post

Is that when Canadians politicians put rouge on before casting votes?

no, we really don't need it, but it would be so fun to hear our Canadian friends explain prorouging to us.

Posted · Report post

I thought it was something Hank Williams rowed down the bayou.

Posted · Report post

Proroguing is apparently something that happens every January under the current minority government. Beyond that, I'm not really sure what it is. Last year, the fate of the nation hung in the balance. This year, nobody really seems to care (though a bunch of people who hate the prime minister anyway are apparently making the usual noises about how much they hate him).

I could make a comment or two about how the current leader of the Opposition got his job by exploiting the fallout from LAST year's proroguing, and how the current leader of the Opposition has so utterly failed to connect with the public in the past year that that's probably one of the reasons why the prime minister is getting away with THIS year's proroguing, but I won't. Except, hmmm, I think I just did.

Hmmm. If Sarah Palin can "go rogue", and sports figures can "go pro", is it possible for people to "go prorogue"?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Is that when Canadians politicians put rouge on before casting votes?

I think that is Prerouging

Hmmm. If Sarah Palin can "go rogue", and sports figures can "go pro", is it possible for people to "go prorogue"?

Speaking of:

post-11-126279124227_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darrel Manson

Posted · Report post

Now, see, what's so wrong about being a "wannabe American" these days? I thought Canadians were supposed to LOVE Barack Obama.

Posted · Report post

Now, see, what's so wrong about being a "wannabe American" these days?

These days? Phet.