Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

Domino's Pizza on YouTube

Wasn't sure where to put this. But wow. If Christopher Guest had directed this, I would have howled. But it's a real video produced by Domino's... apparently.

Edited by Overstreet

Dunno, I kind of like it. Sure it has it's cheesy moments (see what I did there?), and it's a risky strategy, but I like it's boldness and humility in being upfront enough to admit they haven't been doing a very good job.

Matt

I read in the newspaper that they had changed their crust, so one night when we needed to order out, we tried Domino's. The crust is better. The rest is still a Domino's Pizza.

It seems to me that this ad is setting themselves up to compete against their past - i.e., if they're better than their old pizza, they win. In reality (at least in our case) they are competing against BJ's and CPK where instead of getting crappy pizza delivered we have to drive a mile to pick up good pizza.

I think it's a good marketing strategy, although it's not clear that it will win back the multitudes who have been driven away by bad pizza over the years.

Everybody knows that Domino's Pizza is terrible. Its cheapness does not sufficiently atone for its awful taste. So I appreciate the straightforward stance. We used to suck; now we're better. Try us again.

They've got one shot to redeem themselves. After that, it's back to the more expensive but infinitely better Donato's.

Edited by Andy Whitman