This is a website posted for one of my classes--it's done by a biker that lives in Kiev, but travels through Chernobyl. (mind you, most--if not all--of my classmates won't even know about Chernobyl or understand the Soviet government at the time since they weren't born until after the breakup of the USSR. Yes, I feel old. :blink:)

She's posted a lot of pictures and they have gotten my writer's imagination zinging off in all sorts of directions. Photos trigger my imagination, as do historical sites, graveyards. A Bible verse here and there. :)

So I've posted this as a sort of graphic writing prompt, if you will. ;)

I like to say that I practice militant mysticism. I'm really absolutely sure of some things that I don't quite know.~~Rob Bell April/09 CT

http://whythewritingworks.com

This is a website posted for one of my classes--it's done by a biker that lives in Kiev, but travels through Chernobyl. (mind you, most--if not all--of my classmates won't even know about Chernobyl or understand the Soviet government at the time since they weren't born until after the breakup of the USSR. Yes, I feel old. blink.gif)

She's posted a lot of pictures and they have gotten my writer's imagination zinging off in all sorts of directions. Photos trigger my imagination, as do historical sites, graveyards. A Bible verse here and there. smile.gif

So I've posted this as a sort of graphic writing prompt, if you will. wink.gif

This is haunting. Thanks for posting it.

Ron Lands

As goofy as it sounds, there's a series of computer games that actually tie well into this — the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. They're Russian-made, and are loosely connected to Tarkovski's film (and the novel Roadside Monument, but they are FILLED with pretty accurate recreations of the vast areas surrounding Pripyat and the reactor. It's as chilling as those photos, from a purely aesthetic viewpoint.