Sign in to follow this  
John Drew

The Walking Dead

AMC planning a Walking Dead spinoff for 2015?

The term I've heard is "companion show." I think a spinoff has to carry over at least one character from the original series, and plans are for this to be a completely new cast, just in the same zombie-tastic universe.

AMC planning a Walking Dead spinoff for 2015?

The term I've heard is "companion show." I think a spinoff has to carry over at least one character from the original series, and plans are for this to be a completely new cast, just in the same zombie-tastic universe.

Makes sense. The Killing's been cancelled (again) and Breaking Bad is nearing its end. Plus, The Walking Dead is wildly popular.

Does AMC have any other shows in the works? Isn't there a sci-fi series in development?

I read about this yesterday, probably much like the rest of you. This was interesting news and may be worth the effort to watch but it could also go very wrong and possibly ruin both shows. I am hoping this will be something close to what they were trying to pull off with the webisodes.

Okay, so I am not alone on that.

Hmmmm...I thought season two dragged a bit until the final few episodes...but I found season three to be more solid than a ruin.

I thought it was off to a pretty good start...Rick seems saner... things seem to be going well...until it rained zombies... Overall, I really enjoyed the episode.

To borrow a line from the movie Contagion... "It looks the wrong bat crossed paths with the wrong pig."  Good start.  And an interesting way to thin out a cast of background players other than using them for food.

On the Talking Dead, the showrunner said that they made a joke about the song in pitching the sequence.

aaaaaaaaannnnnnnD we're back.

In response to The Walking Dead return I took the "How Long Would you Survive" quiz.

Based on my choices I am still ALIVE but I'm missing a leg.

Any thoughts on the mid-season opener?

I liked it. I especially liked the inner battle characters are going through in regard to the way they were conditioned for life to progress pre-zombie apocalypse and reconciling that to the current situation.

If they continue to break-up the group and slowly get them back together again this show could go on for decades. 

I thought the second episode was stronger...it seemed like everyone else was having a much more exciting time. I have felt the three episodes that have aired have been quite good overall. I especially enjoyed the relationship between Michonne and Karl (as they suggested on the Walking Dead...kind of the scary but cool aunt/big sister-Mindy Kaling emphasized the scary).

Should I try to catch up? Does the show become anything more than a slow slog into the abyss?

No and no.  We watch the show with our teen daughters, and we all agree that this season has been even more rudderless and frustrating than the previous seasons, which were not high points in television drama their own selves.

Been a while since this thread has seen any activity. 

Anyone tried out Fear the Walking Dead?  Two episodes in, and I'm already pretty meh about it.  That's the main reason I'm posting here, and not bothering to start a new thread.

My problem is that I have no vested interest in any of these characters. What The Walking Dead did right was that it gave us only Rick to follow early on, then added others into the mix. FTWD is throwing a bunch of characters at us, and I really couldn't care less which ones are weeded out early. Even at its weakest, when a character goes down in TWD, I usually care.

Edited by John Drew