From the IMAGE announcement:

Next Month:

The Kindlings Muse

Presents The Arts and Faith Top Five Films

May 10, 7:00 pm

Hale's Ales Brewery & Pub

4301 Leary Way NW

Seattle, WA 98107

Fans of IMAGE's Arts and Faith Top 100 Films list will rejoice at this opportunity to hear Gregory Wolfe, Jeffrey Overstreet, and Jennie Spohr explore the Top Five of the Top100 -- Ordet, The Decalogue, Babette's Feast, The Passion of Joan of Arc, and The Son (Le Fils).

The Arts and Faith Top 100 list showcases the top films and directors from around the world and spanning cinematic history from a 1927 silent film to films currently in theaters. The list is the culmination of years of discussion and debate among the ArtsandFaith.com online community.

This event is $5 for General Admission, and free for students. The Kindlings Muse is usually held the second Monday of each month from 7:00-8:30pm. Space is limited to 55 people per week and reservations are required. For more information, call 206.706.1544.

For directions to Hales Ales Brewery and Pub, click here.

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.

"Forget it, Jake. It's Funkytown."    

I hope someone will be videotaping...?

"It's a dangerous business going out your front door." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
"I want to believe in art-induced epiphanies." -- Josie
"I would never be dismissive of pop entertainment; it's much too serious a matter for that." -- NBooth

"If apologetics could prove God, I would lose all faith in Him." -- Josie

"What if--just what if--the very act of storytelling is itself redemptive? What if gathering up the scraps and fragments of a disordered life and binding them between the pages of a book in all of their fragmentary disorder is itself a gambit against that disorder?" -- NBooth

There will be a podcast very soon. The audience was great, and they were very enthusiastic about the discussion afterward. And I didn't mis-credit any directors this time, which was a relief. (During the last show, I accidentally credited Summer Hours to Cantet when I mean to say Assayas. Sigh. Good thing Carlo Nakar is quick with the editing.)

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.

Is this it?

Haven't had time to listen yet... maybe in tonight's wee hours.

"It's a dangerous business going out your front door." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
"I want to believe in art-induced epiphanies." -- Josie
"I would never be dismissive of pop entertainment; it's much too serious a matter for that." -- NBooth

"If apologetics could prove God, I would lose all faith in Him." -- Josie

"What if--just what if--the very act of storytelling is itself redemptive? What if gathering up the scraps and fragments of a disordered life and binding them between the pages of a book in all of their fragmentary disorder is itself a gambit against that disorder?" -- NBooth

That's it.

I hope you enjoy the podcast. I felt somewhat unqualified to speak about the history and vision of the list, since I know that all of us "old-timers" who have participated in the list over the years have had different ideas about what it represents, not to mention our differing interpretations of the films we're highlighting.

I hope the things we shared with those in attendance, and those who listen to the show, will at least "kindle" interest in the films on the list, will draw a few new folks to A&F, and inspire interest in what Image is doing.

I wish we could have had more time to discuss more than the few films we did, and that we could have had more of our "regulars" in the discussion.

Edited by Overstreet

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.