Sign in to follow this  
Anna J

Top100 2011: Poll Closed

Or how The Godfather was nominated but not seconded.

Ouch.

I think it's amusing that, after all of that talk of grandfathering in established lists and increasing our focus on classic American cinema, Citizen Kane still wasn't nominated. F for Fake was, but not Kane.

Or how The Godfather was nominated but not seconded.

Whew--close one.

Eh, as with CITIZEN KANE, I think there are better Coppola films to nominate than THE GODFATHER. Like APOCALYPSE NOW and THE CONVERSATION. (I should have remembered to get THE CONVERSATION in there.)

The one I'm kicking myself for failing to nominate is THE RED SHOES. What. A. Film.

Edited by Ryan H.

And so we neard the end of voting. I'm quite excited to see which nominees make it onto the list. I'm desperately hoping that BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, FANTASIA, THE TRIAL, and VERTIGO make the cut (if not a single one of those four nominees makes the cut, I'll be one sad fella).

Edited by Ryan H.

And so we neard the end of voting. I'm quite excited to see which nominees make it onto the list. I'm desperately hoping that BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, FANTASIA, THE TRIAL, and VERTIGO make the cut (if not a single one of those four nominees makes the cut, I'll be one sad fella).

Yeah, and Re-animator, too!

Oh, wait. Wrong list. ;)

Worked well for me. It was easy. Thumbs up.

I didn't vote last year, so I can't compare, but I thought the interface this go-round was very straightforward. Well done!

Worked great. Especially the deadline extension. Took a lot less time this year because I could skip all the films I haven't seen. Wait I didn't mean to type that out loud.

I didn't vote this year, alas. But I hope in the future we will consider moving away from a 1-5 grading system to a system of ranking voters' top 10 (or 20 or 25) films.

Hey SDG, I could puzzle over and try to parse that "Alas" but I'll just ask you -- why not vote?

I didn't vote this year, alas. But I hope in the future we will consider moving away from a 1-5 grading system to a system of ranking voters' top 10 (or 20 or 25) films.

Wait. What?

Do tell.

An Arts and Faith Top 100 list without SDG's votes is a far inferior list than might have been. Sigh.

Hey SDG, I could puzzle over and try to parse that "Alas" but I'll just ask you -- why not vote?

Wait. What?

An Arts and Faith Top 100 list without SDG's votes is a far inferior list than might have been. Sigh.

lol - well, [a] since SDG is currently ranked 4th at A&F for post count, is one of the A&F community's reviewers with a certain amount of name recognition, [c] the A&F Top 100 list gets a certain amount of press, and [d] vote values are weighted by post count and therefore his not voting could significantly alter the list from last year's ... I guess the real question is whether the administrators are able to force him, deadlines be damned, into the booth to vote (by gun point if necessary)?

What Persiflage said, more or less. I was just snowed under and didn't even notice the deadline coming and going. I think I checked the link within hours of its closing. Not that anyone tried to twist my arm or anything. (I vaguely recall some arm-twisting last year, which certainly helped.)

Apologies to all. I would have wanted to vote. I was just really busy and not paying attention.

Edited by SDG

Admins and mods,

I very much doubt you will find anyone here who is opposed to SDG voting late.

Twist his arm.

By the way, how do y'all like this survey format compared to last year's?

I thought it was very well done. Good job for everyone putting it together.

Admins and mods,

Twist his arm.

Last of all, as one untimely born... the votes are in. Thanks.

Admins and mods,

Twist his arm.

Last of all, as one untimely born... the votes are in. Thanks.

I just checked out A Man for All Seasons in honor of this accomplishment! (never seen it; actually, I checked it out yesterday)

The poll interface and voting collection worked well for me. Straight forward.