Sign in to follow this  
Darryl A. Armstrong

Coverage of the 2011 A&F Top 100

A Bloody-Disgusting blogger seems very pleased by the Top 25.

I'll defer to the apostle Paul on this one: "For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified." Amen, brother.

::thumbsupup::

Edited by Overstreet

SDG wrote:

: I've moved the posts on horror in relation to the cross, the Bible etc. to the "Inspirational Horror" thread.

Since that's a pretty long (and old) thread, here's a link to what seems to be the first of the moved posts (unless any other posts are going to be moved, too).

First Things (SDG).

(This is my first piece for them. FWIW, getting it to print took longer than I expected (it was meant to run before the Oscars), and it's a somewhat different piece than it started out.)

Fantastic, Steven!

Thanks Christian! Everyone, please feel free to stop by and comment ... They posted the story on Monday to maximize comment potential, so all comments are welcome.

Indeed!

Others might wonder: What about Citizen Kane?

stef loy is The Others.

:lol: I'm pretty sure the question was raised earlier, but yeah.

Others might wonder: What about Citizen Kane?

stef loy is The Others.

That would look awesome on a movie poster.

Nice that he has 1.3 million followers....

Now just to get Charlie Sheen's attention...

Can we do a "Top 25 Films that Plan Better"?

Edited by M. Leary

"Top 25 Films that will leave your family weeping over your exploded body."

Nice that he has 1.3 million followers....

Now just to get Charlie Sheen's attention...

Can we do a "Top 25 Films that Plan Better"?

Of all the people to descend a thread here into Charlie Sheen-isms... you Leary? Et tu?

Today, A.O. Scott posted a video review of The Passion of Joan of Arc at The New York Times.

I tweeted that the had just highlighted the film that we'd voted #1 in the Arts and Faith Top 100 Films list.

A.O. Scott responded!

"@Jeff_Overstreet Great list! Turns out I've done Critics' Pick Web vids on 17 out of 100, with at least a score more on the to do list."

Bizarre. In the course of two weeks, I exchanged words with Elvis Mitchell, Justin Chang, and A.O. Scott.

Edited by Overstreet

Scott's a great critic, one of the ones worth reading often, so I'm glad he would say that about the Top 100.

From a friend in Spokane, WA:

Hi Greg,

I wanted to thank you again for continuing to publish and promote your Faith and Arts Top 100. I imagine I am not the first but wanted to let you know we've started a film club over here in Spokane that is going through the films, not in an entirely orderly fashion, but we are plowing through. I have a bizarre and somewhat stressful matrix of variables I try and juggle when selecting the film each month.

We have about 10 people coming regularly and are keeping it small intentionally. There is an element of forced coziness as our basement TV room is long and narrow so seating is a bit limited. The TV itself is late '90's vintage with only moderate picture quality. Overall I guess you could say we are experiencing the films under hardship conditions. Great bonding is occurring on many levels. I'm sure before long, we'll be hiking together as well.

So far, we've tackled Babette's Feast, Summer Hours, It's a Wonderful Life, the Seventh Seal and most recently, Sullivan's Travels. Most of us haven't seen any of these films and we're all learning a great deal together as a little film community.

Thanks again and we are grateful for your work,

Nancy J.