Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler

Andrew Bird - Break It Yourself

13 posts in this topic

Coming March 6th. He's touring, too (Note for people like Overstreet: Laura Marling is the opening act for Bird's Seattle show), and offering a bundle deal:

content.png

Edited by Tyler

Paste has the cover art and track listing, and an album trailer:

Coming March 6th. He's touring, too (Note for people like Overstreet: Laura Marling is the opening act for Bird's Seattle show), and offering a bundle deal ...

You should revise that to "Note to people like Overstreet, but who actually have money to spend." Sorry, but $50+ is too steep for me, even for Bird/Marling.

Edited by Overstreet

Coming March 6th. He's touring, too (Note for people like Overstreet: Laura Marling is the opening act for Bird's Seattle show), and offering a bundle deal ...

You should revise that to "Note to people like Overstreet, but who actually have money to spend." Sorry, but $50+ is too steep for me, even for Bird/Marling.

I initially thought so too. But when you factor in the fact that you're getting his new album PLUS two EP's it only works out to $30. Still not super cheap, more reasonable than initially appears.

Interesting. Definitely getting a Fleet Foxes vibe, or At Dawn-era My Morning Jacket. The song grows on me after a couple of listens. I am looking forward to the entire album.

Edited by Crow

Andrew Bird continues his quest to make each new record more laid-back and sleepy than the last.

Booo!

That's why I love the new album.

http://www.npr.org/2012/02/26/147047574/first-listen-andrew-bird-break-it-yourself

Leading up to the release, I found myself thinking Bird hit his height with The Mysterious Production of Eggs but, no, he's moving on and doing newer (and maybe--only time will show-greater) things.

Why I love the new album with all my heart? Because it is quiet, because it takes a big step (actually, a leap!) away from the heady, intellectual tone of Bird's previous efforts. Because it allows the songs to drift off into the ether. I love how most of the songs seem to turn into instrumentals at some point or other.

This is a mature, redefining effort. Bird is growing, and I like it.

I did not intend my comment as a criticism per se, Tim, and in fact do quite like the album-- perhaps more than the last one. I suppose I am slightly concerned that he will never again return to the brilliant, technicolor pop of Mysterious Production, still my favorite Bird album by a longshot. But this one is warm, restrained, and charming-- a grower, to be sure, but a very lovely piece of work.

Great video, in a nightmare-inducing way.

Great video, in a nightmare-inducing way.

Apparently this is a popular theme: