Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

s / s / s

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Pitchfork:

Sufjan Stevens has teamed up with two Anticon artists, Son Lux and the rapper Serengeti for a new project called s / s / s. They'll release the four track Beak & Claw EP on March 20 via Anticon.

The six-minute track "Museum Day" features Sufjan singing Auto-Tuned lines alongside rap verses from Serengeti. The EP features vocal contributions from Shara Worden of My Brightest Diamond on closer "If This Is Real", while Doseone from Subtle and Themselves appears on the opening track, "Octomom".

Posted · Report post

Pitchfork:

Sufjan Stevens has teamed up with two Anticon artists, Son Lux and the rapper Serengeti for a new project called s / s / s. They'll release the four track Beak & Claw EP on March 20 via Anticon.

The six-minute track "Museum Day" features Sufjan singing Auto-Tuned lines alongside rap verses from Serengeti. The EP features vocal contributions from Shara Worden of My Brightest Diamond on closer "If This Is Real", while Doseone from Subtle and Themselves appears on the opening track, "Octomom".

Stereogum is streaming "Museum Day". Hear snippets of the other tracks here.

Posted · Report post

So, this is out now. Anyone else listened to it?

The overall feel is similar to

from Dark Was the Night, which isn't surprising, since both Sufjan and Serengeti were part of that song. After my first listen, though, nothing stick out as being all that memorable.