Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peter T Chattaway

Black Panther

17 posts in this topic

Links to our threads on Iron Man (2008), The Incredible Hulk (2008), Iron Man 2 (2010), Thor (2011), Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), The Avengers (2012), Iron Man 3 (2013), Thor: The Dark World (2013), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), Ant-Man (2015), Captain America: Civil War (2016), Doctor Strange (2016), Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2017), Thor: Ragnarok (2017), Avengers: Infinity War Part I (2018), Captain Marvel (2018), Inhumans (2018) and Avengers: Infinity War Part II (2019).

- - -

EXCLUSIVE: The Next Standalone Marvel Movie After Cap Takes Place In Wakanda!
THE BLACK PANTHER is going to headline his own film!
How do I know? Let’s say I got it from FOUR different trusted sources.
Marvel is going BIG TIME after the urban film audience and I applaud them for that. Last year, it was reported that Marvel hired Mark Bailey to pen the script and I hear the script is fantastic.
The clues were always there. They showed Wakanda on the map in Iron Man 2 and Captain America’s shield is made from Vibranium which also hails from Wakanda. The Black Panther has a long development history which at one point had Wesley Snipes attached to star. Marvel got the rights back to the character in 2005. . . .
Latino Review, June 5

- - -

Note the photo at the bottom of this post from the Iron Man 2 thread:

A sharp-eyed fellow in another forum I frequent observed some cool tie-ins with other Avenger movies, namely the Hulk's rampage in New York, and locations of other future Avengers. Here are the screen-caps of his observations:

51pmp5.jpg

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

I read the title of this thread as "The Pink Panther." I think I would be more excited about that movie.

I don't usually like to play the fan casting game, but how great would Chiwetel Ejiofor be for this?

Huh. I saw the thread title and thought it referred to this.

Edited by NBooth

Does the character have anything to do with The Black Panthers?

Does the character have anything to do with The Black Panthers?

According to Wikipedia, not necessarily. Unless you mean the tank battalion, in which case perhaps:

The Black Panther's name predates the October 1966 founding of the Black Panther Party, though not the black panther logo of the party's predecessor, the Lowndes County Freedom Organization, nor the segregated World War II Black Panthers Tank Battalion.

FWIW, Wikipedia links to this story, which traces the use of the black panther symbol in the years leading up to the founding of the Black Panther Party.

Edited by NBooth

Coming November 3, 2017 -- and starring Chadwick Boseman.

38 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Ryan Coogler will direct.

The release date has been pushed back to July, 2018.

I wonder how this will affect the release of other films. The polygon article claims this is the last Phase 3 film before the Infinity War, but the first of that two-parter is set to come out the year before the new release date of Panther. AntMan and Wasp was set to be released in July, 2018, so I'm sure that's changed. So will they move everything back? Or will we have an Antman sequel before the first Black Panther movie?

I think everything got moved around when they got the Spider-Man rights back. 

6 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I think everything got moved around when they got the Spider-Man rights back. 

Yes they did, but now they'll presumably have to change again. Attached image is the schedule, including Spider-Man. 

image.png

So if Ryan Coogler is directing, does that mean Michael B Jordan will have a role in this film?

Of course, Michael B Jordan already played Johnny Storm in Fox's ill-fated Fantastic Four reboot, so he might not want to do another Marvel movie.

Then again, Chris Evans played Johnny Storm in the earlier Fantastic Four movies and went on to play Captain America.

On December 31, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Peter T Chattaway said:

So if Ryan Coogler is directing, does that mean Michael B Jordan will have a role in this film?

Yes, possibly as a villain. 

And so another Johnny Storm gets a role in an MCU movie. Someone at MCU HQ needs to give Jay Underwood a call.

The first trailer is here:

And it begins with a Bilbo-Gollum reunion! (Martin Freeman was previously seen in Captain America: Civil War, and Andy Serkis was previously seen in Avengers: Age of Ultron.)

Dude I didn't even think of that! Course I've been doing my best to forget the Hobbit movies as best I can. Though the first one was actually not that bad.