Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

Favorite Personal Photos

Hey, neb. My compliments to Gordo's grooming skills. Most excellent beard on the cavalry costume foto.

Thanks, I think it's a most excellent beard, too! biggrin.gif

Neb

Awesome kid photos, everyone. Makes me want to have three or four or 12 more ... er, or maybe just arrange an A&F play date for all our kids. I might have a better shot of getting my wife to agree to that.

Kid looks like a real wise-acre. Sort of a mini Drew Carey...  biggrin.gif

Cute!

Neb

Oh no, Drew Carey... Just to rescue my little guy's rep, those are daddy's glasses. He is more more cute that a wise cracker and his comedy stylings are more physical like Dick VanDyke or Robin Willliams. He's got to move.

No kids for me (yet), but here's me outside of Glacier Bay last summer.

And a climbing pic.

Edited by Jeff Kolb

Eeeeeesh. Jeff, that last shot sends chills up my spine. The fear of heights is on of my few phobias. I did not like that background.

OK, I am officially oblivious. Jeff KOLB! I just realized I know exactly who you are. I've always thought of you as "Ruthie's boyfriend" (Ruthie's fiance, by now???), and didn't realize that I actually, like, took classes with you at Taylor and have probably even had conversations with you. I'm terrible with names, so it never occurred to me that I had actually met you. Please forgive my ignorance!

Just to keep this thread on-topic, attached: me and my fiance (which we like to pronounce bisyllabically as "FEE-awnce"--no fancy french for us, bah!) standing in the church where we're getting married in less than two month. (Cue the panic.)

post-191-1114023472_thumb.jpg

What a beautiful picture!

That's a beautiful church building, Kate. Where is it?

And, yes, Ruthie and I are engaged. tongue.gif But we've still got 5 months to wait...

[attachmentid=197]We were delighted that our wedding photographer caught this! I hope the image is big enough to see our faces.

(Just realized that what is going on might not be clear to everyone. We were crossing ourselves with holy water as we were leaving the church.)

post-802-1114080830_thumb.jpg

Edited by amo

That's a beautiful church building, Kate. Where is it?

Thanks! It's in a little town called Watch Hill, Rhode Island, right on the shore. The inside of the church is meant to look like an upturned ship's hull--you can see that dimension of it more clearly here. (And of course, not to be missed is the awesome Augustinian organ. smile.gif)

And, yes, Ruthie and I are engaged.  tongue.gif  But we've still got 5 months to wait...

Whee! I'm so excited for you guys. That's marvelous. And I commend you on the (relatively) short engagement--ours will have been just shy of five months when we get married, and we've discovered that's about three months too long! Engagement has been so rich and challenging and growing for us as a couple, but it does get old after awhile. smile.gif

Congratulations again!

And I commend you on the (relatively) short engagement--ours will have been just shy of five months when we get married, and we've discovered that's about three months too long! Engagement has been so rich and challenging and growing for us as a couple, but it does get old after awhile. smile.gif

Tell me about it, our engagement was just shy of 4 months! And with less than a month to go my wife and I were completely white-knuckling it. Our motto became: "one month -- the rest of our lives" then "three weeks -- the rest of our lives" then "two weeks -- the rest of our lives" and... you get the idea.

You will be so glad to be on the other side. It is a wonderful irony that true freedom is found within the boundaries of a committed marriage.

You will be so glad to be on the other side.  It is a wonderful irony that true freedom is found within the boundaries of a committed marriage.

That's encouraging to know. Renae and I are both ready to get this engagement business over with, and let life get back to "normal" (so to speak).

That's encouraging to know.  Renae and I are both ready to get this engagement business over with, and let life get back to "normal" (so to speak).

Heh heh. Sure, normal (so to speak).

SZPT wrote:

: You will be so glad to be on the other side. It is a wonderful irony that true freedom is

: found within the boundaries of a committed marriage.

Ain't THAT the truth. It's been two months and eight days since I got hitched myself, and I continue to marvel at that paradox you mention, of boundaries and freedom. The freedom within the marriage definitely wouldn't be quite as good as it is if we hadn't observed the boundaries outside it, I think.

Speaking of which, we are FINALLY beginning to get some photos back ...

[attachmentid=198]

post-46-1114118819_thumb.jpg

Rich Kennedy wrote:

: Heh heh. Sure, normal (so to speak).

Hey, it's true. The first day of the honeymoon, D and I went for a stroll, and it suddenly hit me that it finally felt like we were DATING again, after all the weeks and months of planning and running around trying to get things done for the big, big, big party.

Of course, there had been SOME, uh, changes in the interim ... smile.gif

Whee! I'm so excited for you guys. That's marvelous. And I commend you on the (relatively) short engagement--ours will have been just shy of five months when we get married, and we've discovered that's about three months too long! Engagement has been so rich and challenging and growing for us as a couple, but it does get old after awhile. smile.gif

Congratulations again!

We were engaged for 3 months, long enough to plan it, short enough to keep the "white knuckles" to a minimum. . . though the planning was a bit hectic!

This photo was just taken this past weekend. One of Renae's roommates got married, and she was one of the bridesmaids, hence the purty dress. I just drove the golf cart, so I'm not quite as decked out.

[attachmentid=211]

post-112-1116296773_thumb.jpg

Edited by opus

Since other people like to put up pictures of their cute kids (and I enjoy seeing them, so I'm not knocking that.) Here's one of my cute kids.

post-11-1116723718_thumb.jpg

My (recent) 30th birthday was marked by winning my rugby club's player of the year award (the same day) and the following day my parents came down to watch me play in my second county championship game which we won. My mum took this when we got back home. It was a perfect, unbelievable weekend so I thought I'd include the photo just for that really

Matt

post-47-1116833969_thumb.jpg