Overstreet

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

NBooth   
On 9/7/2016 at 0:39 PM, Peter T Chattaway said:

They put him in a rubber mask and then replaced the rubber mask with a digital mask.

A deleted scene here confirms as much, since the face is unfinished CGI.

Edited by NBooth

I don't think any of the stories I've seen this week have said whether she shot any scenes for Episode VIII yet. Was she supposed to be in that film? Has principal photography (or at least her portion of it) wrapped yet?

So I guess now the question is: If Leia survives Episode VIII, what will they do with her character in Episode IX? Go digital again, a la Rogue One? She's the mother of the current trilogy's main bad guy, so presumably however his story is resolved might matter to her character.

This deleted scene appeared in my feeds. It's another nod to the comparisons between A New Hope and The Force Awakens. Two cantinas, two dismembered alien arms.

Edited by winter shaker

winter shaker wrote:
: This deleted scene appeared in my feeds. It's another nod to the comparisons between A New Hope and The Force Awakens. Two cantinas, two dismembered alien arms.

It's also another sign of how JJ Abrams places fan service above storytelling and character development. Was anyone really itching to see Chewbacca rip a person's *arm* out of their socket (and not just a droid's arm! -- we've all seen how droids can be dismembered and put back together again)? Has Chewie ever exhibited any actual sign of the cruelty that Han Solo alluded to when we first met these characters in the original film? Did Abrams never consider that maybe Solo was just trying to *spook* his new robot passengers?

NBooth   
22 minutes ago, Peter T Chattaway said:

winter shaker wrote:
: This deleted scene appeared in my feeds. It's another nod to the comparisons between A New Hope and The Force Awakens. Two cantinas, two dismembered alien arms.

It's also another sign of how JJ Abrams places fan service above storytelling and character development. Was anyone really itching to see Chewbacca rip a person's *arm* out of their socket (and not just a droid's arm! -- we've all seen how droids can be dismembered and put back together again)? Has Chewie ever exhibited any actual sign of the cruelty that Han Solo alluded to when we first met these characters in the original film? Did Abrams never consider that maybe Solo was just trying to *spook* his new robot passengers?

In Abrams' defense (words I rarely say!), he did decide to cut this particular sequence, for whatever reason.

NBooth wrote:
: In Abrams' defense (words I rarely say!), he did decide to cut this particular sequence, for whatever reason.

Well, until I know what the reason was, I'm going to assume it was the wrong reason. :)

NBooth   

1 minute ago, Peter T Chattaway said:

NBooth wrote:
: In Abrams' defense (words I rarely say!), he did decide to cut this particular sequence, for whatever reason.

Well, until I know what the reason was, I'm going to assume it was the wrong reason. :)

:lol::lol::lol:

NBooth