Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

Oscars 2013: Best Actress

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Screen Actors Guild nominees:

• Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty
  • Marion Cotillard, Rust and Bone
  • Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook
  • Helen Mirren, Hitchcock
  • Naomi Watts, The Impossible

The winners will be announced January 27, seventeen days after the Oscar nominees are announced and four weeks before the Oscar winners are announced.

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

Have all of those who have already voted here seen Amour?

Really?

Have all of those who have already voted here seen Amour?

Really?

I've not seen Amour. I had a shot at it this weekend, the only weekend I actually felt I just couldn't fit it into the budget.

Having seen four of the five, I am saddened that Marion Cotillard wasn't nominated. I don't think I'm as much of a fan of the film (Rust and Bone) as I am of her performance, though.

I fully expect this award to go to Jennifer Lawrence -- for Winter's Bone and The Hunger Games (the former for her acting, the latter for its popularity), as well as Silver Linings Playbook.

I would be happy to see Jessica Chastain win -- for Take Shelter and The Tree of Life as much as Zero Dark Thirty.

Winner Jennifer Lawrence

I am sorta torn, my two favorite female performances this year were from Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook, and Jessica Chastain in Zero Dark Thirty. Both gave their all, and really gripped at the heartstrings. I wonder if the controversy surrounding ZDT kept it from getting an Oscar while SLP's more palatable moral was something everyone could get behind.