Sign in to follow this  
Anna J

Top 25 Marriage Films Page, Live Now!

The images show up for me (MacBook using Firefox; same thing with Safari), but around half of them have the filmstripping effect where the first image ends and it starts to repeat below until it cuts off where the next entry starts.

I don't see the images at all in Chrome on my MacBook. They do show up in Firefox.

Y'all who are having problems viewing images in some browsers on some platforms: What about the other top 25 lists? Are they fine in those same browser/platform combos? If they are, then Image people, did y'all do anything different this time around?

Y'all who are having problems viewing images in some browsers on some platforms: What about the other top 25 lists? Are they fine in those same browser/platform combos? If they are, then Image people, did y'all do anything different this time around?

Same thing happens with the Road movies and Horror movies lists for me. Only a couple were off on the Horror list. It looks like the longer blurbs tend to have the problem, like the site is repeating the image instead of stretching it.

Same thing happens with the Road movies and Horror movies lists for me. Only a couple were off on the Horror list. It looks like the longer blurbs tend to have the problem, like the site is repeating the image instead of stretching it.

Yes, that's called tiling. It's the correct browser behavior. I was more concerned about images not appearing at all.

In answer to SDG's question about previous top 25 lists: yes, they work for me in terms of seeing their images (including Firefox)

But Firefox (I'm on a Dell laptop) still does not display any of the images for this year's list. However, IE does display them if I copy/paste the link into IE. So, I don't know, maybe I need to update Firefox or something? Not sure what the issue is. Maybe it's on my end, though. Weird that it works on IE and not FF, though.

Edited by Nick Olson

Would it be a good idea to mention, both on the list page and somewhere in Leary's introduction, how many people were involved in the nominations/voting process? Visitors may wonder if this list was made up by only a few oddball cinephiles. It'd be good to show them that this was a large conversation, and that by "online community" we mean a sizable neighborhood. It might even be good to make some reference to the fact that not all the voters are film critics by trade (to avoid accusations of elitism), but that this community includes people in a wide variety of vocations.

Edited by Overstreet

Yes. And also a wide variety of film interest and preferences. As noted the list has mostly fairly artsy, not widely known films. Which is great. But, near as I can tell, most people in this community are also quite happy to also watch a goofball Hollywood comedy from time to time.

Edited by Attica

Would it be a good idea to mention, both on the list page and somewhere in Leary's introduction, how many people were involved in the nominations/voting process? Visitors may wonder if this list was made up by only a few oddball cinephiles. It'd be good to show them that this was a large conversation, and that by "online community" we mean a sizable neighborhood. It might even be good to make some reference to the fact that not all the voters are film critics by trade (to avoid accusations of elitism), but that this community includes people in a wide variety of vocations.

Yes, we'll do this too.

Ok, I've changed the title of the page, edited all the other main pages so the side menus show the full suite of Top pages. I've added a bit about 40 voters to the page, and we're adding it to the blog too.

Don't know what to do about the image resizing yet. Anything else?

Looks like I'll be able to make the Friday-night show at AFI Silver. If anyone else in the area wants to see it, drop a PM.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this