Dodgeball 2

Peter T Chattaway

Link to our thread on Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004).

- - -

'Dodgeball' Sequel in the Works at Fox (Exclusive)

The studio and the production company run by Ben Stiller and Stuart Cornfeld have tapped Clay Tarver to pen a script for a long-talked-about sequel to the hit comedy Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story.

The 2004 film starred Vince Vaughn as the slacker owner of rundown gym who gathers a group of misfits into a dodgeball tournament in order to defeat an encroaching corporate gym run by Stiller.

The movie grossed more than $114 million domestically on a reported budget of $20 million.

While Fox, Vaughn and Stiller have long mulled the idea of a sequel, little action had been taken. It was even a joke on an episode of Ricky Gervais’ Extras in which Stiller guest-starred.

Now the sequel will focus on Vaughn and Stiller forced to team up to fight an even bigger threat, according to sources.

Tarver co-wrote with J.J. Abrams the 2001 thriller Joy Ride but has spent much of his time in the comedy world and has a familiarity with niche, subculture activities. . . .

Hollywood Reporter, April 22

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.