Sign in to follow this  
Anders

The War on Drugs - LOST IN THE DREAM

I was a huge fan of SLAVE AMBIENT, and now this is my favourite album of the year so far.

The single, "Red Eyes," came out back at end of January and I'd been listening to it non-stop. Check it out.

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/123074747&amp;color=ff5500&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_artwork=true"></iframe>

Curious to hear if there are any other fans of Adam Granduciel's work?

This is a wonderful album and it's been on steady rotation for me for a couple weeks. If I have one small complaint it's that the album mills around a bit too often in mid-tempo, Dire Straits mode and could've used a more energetic "Baby Missiles"-type spark to fire things up.

"Eyes to the Wind" is beautiful and one of my favorite tunes of the year. 

Edited by Greg P

This is a wonderful album and it's been on steady rotation for me for a couple weeks. If I have one small complaint it's that the album mills around a bit too often in mid-tempo, Dire Straits mode and could've used a more energetic "Baby Missiles"-type spark to fire things up.

"Eyes to the Wind" is beautiful and one of my favorite tunes of the year. 

The Dire Straits comparison occurred to me, too. I agree that it's a fine album. The lo-fi aesthetic gets to me a bit. This guy is a fine songwriter and guitarist, but it's a bit hard to hear at times. Still, I'm impressed. 

Edited by Andy Whitman