Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

Marvel's Agent Carter

Links to our threads on Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013-present).

The second Captain America film established that Agent Carter was one of the founding members of SHIELD, so perhaps this series will be, to Agents of SHIELD, kind of like what the Star Wars prequels were to the original Star Wars... although I guess for the analogy to be exact, the Emperor Palpatine wouldn't have revealed himself to be a Sith lord until Return of the Jedi. Or something like that.

- - -

PILOTS 2014: Early Buzz Edition

Then there is Marvel’s stealth Agent Carter project. Last year, the company went into Fort Knox mode on its Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot, which was kept under lock and key. They took that a notch further this year with Agent Carter. Because there is a prototype — the project is inspired by a one shot, which was featured on the Blu-ray release of Iron Man 3 — word has been that it would forgo a pilot and go straight to series. The script was finished more than three months ago (“the script is great,” ABC’s Paul Lee said back in January), the option on one-shot’s star Hayley Atwell came up and was extended, but the green light never came. Now there is talk that a pickup for Agent Carter may come along with a renewal for Marvel’s freshman Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., with the new series possibly serving as a bridge between the fall and spring portions of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Deadline.com, April 12

Hayley Atwell was great as Peggy Carter, and I would love to give a series like this a try.

Agent Carter season 1 was good fun, and it looks as if they have more in store for season 2.