Sign in to follow this  
kenmorefield

2015 Full Frame Documentary Film Festival

Andrew is attending this year, which has allowed us to increase the amount of coverage at 1More Film Blog

I'll have an overview piece, probably early next week, at CT. It will probably cover Best of Enemies and something else. Films covered so far at blog include:

(Dis)honesty: The Truth About Lies

Tiger Tiger

Meru

Tell Spring Not to Come This Year

Being Evel

From This Day Forward.

I also really liked The Land, a twenty minute short about playgrounds, mostly in Europe and UK that are like giant junkyards where kids are marginally supervised but allowed to play with dangerous tools, fire, etc. 

And I finished my coverage with write-ups of 

- Abandoned Goods

- Saving Mes Aynak

- Incorruptible

- The Black Panthers:  Vanguard of the Revolution

There wasn't a bad film in the bunch, but favorites would have to be (in order of preference):

- From This Day Forward:  in getting married, the director looks back at her parents' married life; the curious bit is that her father is transgender and now identifies herself as a female

- Tell Spring Not to Come This Year:  a year in the life and death of an Afghan National Army brigade

- Meru:  a trio of mountain climbers strive to be the first to summit a peak in the Indian Himalayas; co-directed by one of the climbers

- Tiger Tiger:  incredible nature footage abounds in the biography of a big cat biologist

What a great festival, with director's Q&A's after nearly every film.  I'm planning to return next year.

Argh, how embarrassing to discover that a still from the Black Panthers movie was erroneously inserted in that particular review!  (Now corrected.)  But how nice to see their kind words; I wish them the very best in finding a distributor for their superb film.

Argh, how embarrassing to discover that a still from the Black Panthers movie was erroneously inserted in that particular review!  (Now corrected.)  But how nice to see their kind words; I wish them the very best in finding a distributor for their superb film.

The one I saw on their site had the correct photo. FB is weird about which photo it pulls from blogs.

I think this is a glitchy Patheos thing.  I double- and triple-checked my draft before clicking 'Post,' and nonetheless the Black Panthers photo is what showed up on the actual review.  Now I know to quadruple-check...

I think this is a glitchy Patheos thing.  I double- and triple-checked my draft before clicking 'Post,' and nonetheless the Black Panthers photo is what showed up on the actual review.  Now I know to quadruple-check...

Andrew,

I've also noticed that if you use the "Share This Widget" from the home page, it tends to take the *most recent* photo (even from another review). If you click on the review itself and use the Share This widget, it tends to use the "featured image." If you cut and past the URL and put it in Facebook it sometimes gives you an option--which is what I suspect happened with the film's FB page.