Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

Jurassic World 2 aka Jurassic Park 5

Links to our threads on Jurassic Park (1993) and Jurassic World (2015). We don't seem to have any threads on The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) or Jurassic Park III (2001).

- - -

‘Jurassic World’ Sequel Set For June 2018; Chris Pratt Back

BREAKING: Universal Pictures has set a June 22, 2018, release date for Jurassic World Sequel, which hopefully will have a catchier title and a director soon. But it does have Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard returning as the leads and Jurassic World helmer Colin Trevorrow writing the script. He isn’t returning as director because it’s expected he’ll instead go off and do one of the Star Wars films. Frank Marshall andSteven Spielberg are also in the braintrust. . . .

Deadline.com, July 23

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

That's a really interesting choice.  A director who has shown he can handle both small-scale, psychologically terrifying subject matter, and large-scale, physically terrifying subject matter.  I had no interest in Jurassic World, but now I'm intrigued about its sequel.

Edited by John Drew

It's not a strikingly unique response, I'm sure, but this looks terrible. Like, Jurassic Park 3 bad.

I saw the first trailer for this when I went to see The Last Jedi, and immediately after the trailer a guy sitting behind me said to his friend, "They spoiled so much of it!" And I thought, "There is absolutely nothing to spoil."

Ok, so I surprised myself by liking this one. It’s got some pretty substantial pacing issues, but it’s miles better than either of the previous two movies in this series. And there was some proper dismemberment, which my inner adolescent appreciates. 

So. It’s not great, but it’s an improvement.