Sign in to follow this  
chillinrev

Greenbelt 2015.

After nearly going the same way as Cornerstone festival, Greenbelt raised it's head just above the waters and the 2015 Festival went ahead, just on a smaller scale and a lower budget. This meant no big name acts like it had had over the last few years, but many artists that were friends of the Festival. This, in my opinion, had an adverse effect and created a better festival with the heart of Greenbelt restored, rather than Greenbelt trying to be like a bigger Festival. The music programme was still very strong with headline artists being the amazing Duke Special, doing the Under the Dark Cloth album in full. The happy Polyphonic Spree, who did their debut album in full, as well as playing some hits. The Unthanks played Sunday night, and Martyn Joseph was the headline on Monday night. A great artist who holds the mainstage totally on his own through incredible song-writing, humour and much spirit. There were many highlights; Beth Goudie, King Kool (Dan Donovan's new band, the one from Tribe of Dan. They make loud, filthy rock music, despite only being a guitar/drums duo), Burning Codes (Paul Archer's new band, the one from the Ghears, and brother of Iain), and my favourite by a long way, the reformation of The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus. If you have never come across them they are worth investigation, mixing Latin sung chants with tribal drums, orchestral moments with feedback guitar, they are original and amazing. They have just released a new album that will be worth it's own thread once I get to listen. The Festival, in it's 42nd year, continues to flourish and bless. May this unique event continue at this home of Boughton House, Kettering, UK.

opus   

my favourite by a long way, the reformation of The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus. If you have never come across them they are worth investigation, mixing Latin sung chants with tribal drums, orchestral moments with feedback guitar, they are original and amazing. They have just released a new album that will be worth it's own thread once I get to listen.

I sincerely hope some footage from the RAIJ's performance appears on YouTube soon. And yes, their new album is fantastic.