Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Attica

Goodbye. Have a good one.

6 posts in this topic

I'm leaving Artsandfaith. 

I am horrified by how many people here are treating the American election.  Some of you are jumping all over "accusations" (some of which have been proven false) against Trump when you have been writing off "accusations" against Clinton of rape as a "conspiracy theory" (when they are saying that Hillary help cover it up).  I am very angry about this kind of behaviour.  (for the sake of fairness not everyone who has made the accusations against Trump has made the claim of "conspiracy theory", but some have.  

While I'm at it, can some of you please explain to me how Hillary could have "stumbled" to the SUV AFTER they say that she had "fainted".  That's one helluva trick.

I'm also wondering how someone can "stumble" to a SUV, when their f*cking feet are dragging behind them?  N Booth, perhaps you can explain to me why it is a "conspiracy theory" to say that someone is being dragged to an SUV (and not stumbling) when their f*cking feet are dragging behind them as can CLEARLY be seen in the video.?

WAKE UP.  The mainstream media is corrupted, almost completely in the can for Hillary, and they have basically even admitted it (spinning it that they are fighting against the so called "evils" of Trump, when it is their job to inform you and let YOU decide.)  This bloody well Orwellian.  Anybody who can't see what is going on by this point, is a fool.  I've been pointing it out for months, and some of you have mocked me for it.

Trump is a flawed person, but not nearly as bad as some of you are seeing him as being.  Look outside of the mainstream media... see what people are saying.  Misunderstandings, spin in the media, and a good dose of demonic influences are working to make him out as being 12 times worse than he is for some.

The real threat to America is Hillary.   This is one of the biggest threat that your nation has ever had in my opinion.  Please look into what is being said, and quit writing these people off as nut bars.

I pray that God will open your eyes.

Have a good one.

Edited by Attica

Okay.  I've calmed down a bit.  I apologize for my idea of walking away from this community.  People should be able to pursue whatever interests or political concerns they wish without fear of rejection.  I was wrong in that.

Well, glad this wasn't goodbye.  As much as I think a Trump presidency would be an utter disaster (and as much as I think a Clinton presidency won't be anything to write home about in terms of long-term good for the country), I'd hate to think we can't, here of all places on the Internet, have profitable debates about issues and ideas that matter deeply and concretely.  

I started the Trump & evangelicals thread long ago--and I'm mostly convinced that Evangelicals support Trump at lower rates than they did the previous few R presidential candidates--to explore this (to me disturbing) relationship between Trump's candidacy and US evangelical support thereof.  But if I recall correctly, when Image took on this board, the Politics thread was shuttered and precisely to avoid the devolving of the board into some kind of internet factioning like most comment boards.

So I guess I'm a little surprised that you've run into enough material to cause you concerns throughout the folders on the board.  I thought overall this was a fairly apolitical corner of the Internet, and where politics are broached, they are handled in sharp but not personal ways.  

11 minutes ago, Buckeye Jones said:

So I guess I'm a little surprised that you've run into enough material to cause you concerns throughout the folders on the board.  I thought overall this was a fairly apolitical corner of the Internet, and where politics are broached, they are handled in sharp but not personal ways.  

I think most of it was via Facebook. 

I still silo the two in my mind, I guess.  Facebook is a free-for-all!  If you read through my feed today (the stuff from others), you'll learn that both Trump and Clinton are EEEEVVVVVILLLL and deserving of jail, with lots of random ephemera of left and right wing fringe sites getting shared from my friends.  And that's just this morning!

Just to clarify.  My issues were never primarily political.  Rather they were primarily that people's political bents and consequent interactions with what has progressively become an obviously corrupt media (at least certain factions of it - and a lot of people have come awake to this), was (and is) serving to blind them to seeing certain spiritual and earthly realities.  Anger is often the result of grief.