Sign in to follow this  
NBooth

Get Out (Jordan Peele, 2017)

NBooth   

From the mind of half of Key and Peele--kind of a cross between The Twilight Zone, Key and Peele, and The Stepford Wives:

IMDB link.

As various sites are pointing out, the turn to horror isn't exactly unexpected [NSFW]:

Edited by NBooth

Andrew   

I've heard it's a good idea to skip the trailers on this one.  Horror is not my favorite genre, not by far, but I thought this was excellent.  It has some very good twists, and the social commentary is quite smart and cutting.  I seem to like one horror film per year on average, so this will be it, I guess (last year, it was The Witch).  Here's my review:  http://www.patheos.com/blogs/secularcinephile/2017/02/suspense-horror-comedy-social-commentary-blend-masterfully-get/

I'm thinking it's going to be tough to top this for the best horror of the year.

Observations:

• Jordan Peele loves Rosemary's Baby.
  • I can't think of a horror movie that uses hypnotism to the same horrifying effect.
  • I never want to get trapped in the sunken place.
  • The rapport between Chris and Rod is hilarious. I hope you see the film in a theater that enjoys them as much as mine did.

Edited by Tyler Beane Kelly

Andrew   
5 hours ago, Scholar's Parrot said:

I had no idea that Armond White was back, so it felt very fitting to find him back at his old shtick on this movie in particular. 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/get_out/reviews/?sort=rotten

Aww, he must be so proud to be writing for a publication that opposed the Civil Rights Movement and supported apartheid.