Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

Uh-oh, another website redesign.

Now with even *more* gratuitous white space! (What *is* it with designers these days.)

In the past, we had simple lines between individual posts. Now each post has its own special frame, with a special buffer of white space between the individual posts (adding to the white space that already exists between the text of each post and the frame surrounding it).

And that's not the only example of said white spacing.

Meanwhile, the A&F and Image logos at the top of the page are gone. Intentional, or accidental?

I suspect this is related to the website being down a day or two.

19 hours ago, Peter T Chattaway said:

Now with even *more* gratuitous white space! (What *is* it with designers these days.)

In the past, we had simple lines between individual posts. Now each post has its own special frame, with a special buffer of white space between the individual posts (adding to the white space that already exists between the text of each post and the frame surrounding it).

And that's not the only example of said white spacing.

Meanwhile, the A&F and Image logos at the top of the page are gone. Intentional, or accidental?

I noticed this, too, when I logged back in yesterday.  The screen theme had changed back to the "4.2" setting.  Just had to click on "Theme" at the bottom of the page (I think Theme is at the bottom of every page), and clicked on the "Arts & Faith Custom 1 (Default), and the settings with the A&F and Image logos reappeared.

A&Ftheme.JPG

John Drew wrote:
: The screen theme had changed back to the "4.2" setting.  Just had to click on "Theme" at the bottom of the page (I think Theme is at the bottom of every page), and clicked on the "Arts & Faith Custom 1 (Default), and the settings with the A&F and Image logos reappeared.

... The look of the discussion board is something that *we* pick?

... Is there any way we could have a *range* of themes to choose from?

On 9/15/2017 at 1:53 PM, Peter T Chattaway said:

John Drew wrote:
: The screen theme had changed back to the "4.2" setting.  Just had to click on "Theme" at the bottom of the page (I think Theme is at the bottom of every page), and clicked on the "Arts & Faith Custom 1 (Default), and the settings with the A&F and Image logos reappeared.

... The look of the discussion board is something that *we* pick?

... Is there any way we could have a *range* of themes to choose from?

I want to say that one of the previous boards had several looks.  I experimented with a couple, but had trouble reverting back to the original look, which I liked best. .