Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

Oscars 2018: Best Screenplay (Adapted)

The Writers Guild Award nominees:

• Call Me by Your Name, Screenplay by James Ivory; Based on the Novel by André Aciman; Sony Pictures Classics
  • The Disaster Artist, Screenplay by Scott Neustadter & Michael H. Weber; Based on the Book The Disaster Artist: My Life Inside the Room, the Greatest Bad Movie Ever Made by Greg Sestero and Tom Bissell; A24
  • Logan, Screenplay by Scott Frank & James Mangold and Michael Green; Story by James Mangold; Based on Characters from the X-Men Comic Books and Theatrical Motion Pictures; Twentieth Century Fox Film
  • Molly's Game, Screenplay by Aaron Sorkin; Based on the Book by Molly Bloom; STX Entertainment
  • Mudbound, Screenplay by Virgil Williams and Dee Rees; Based on the Novel by Hillary Jordan; Netflix

The winner will be announced February 11.

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

The USC Libaries have nominated *seven* films for their Scripters award, due to a three-way tie in the nomination round:

• Author André Aciman and screenwriter James Ivory for “Call Me By Your Name”
  • Screenwriters Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber for “The Disaster Artist,” and authors Greg Sestero and Tom Bissell for their nonfiction book “The Disaster Artist: My Life Inside ‘The Room,’ the Greatest Bad Movie Ever Made”
  • Screenwriters Scott Frank, Michael Green, and James Mangold, and authors Roy Thomas, Len Wein, and John Romita, Sr., for “Logan”
  • Screenwriter James Gray and author David Grann for “The Lost City of Z”
  • Screenwriter Aaron Sorkin and author Molly Bloom for “Molly’s Game”
  • Screenwriters Dee Rees and Virgil Williams and author Hillary Jordan for “Mudbound”
  • Screenwriter Allan Heinberg and author William Moulton Marston for “Wonder Woman”

Notably, all five of the WGA nominees got Scripters nominations; the two extra Scripters nominations went to The Lost City of Z and Wonder Woman.

The winner will be announced February 10.

Edited by Peter T Chattaway