Jump to content
kenmorefield

Top 100 and Top 25 Pages

Recommended Posts

Christian is not the only one who has mentioned the use of "11" for Honorable Mention. Right now the app *requires* a numerical value, but I may ask developer about that. 

Joel and Andrew also consulted by e-mail. I am waffling about the *introduction* space. I asked for it, but I agree that I think the space overall looks cleaner and better if it just gives us the list. That makes me wonder -- where to put prefatory material for past or future lists. 

This issue probably comes up because some lists (Top 25s, EJ have been published elsewhere -- Image/Transpositions) but the forthcoming EJ list is being published here. So I'm tempted to say, let's make A&F the depository for the *lists* (which includes blurbs of individual films) but not necessarily for the the introductions/essays about the lists...still there are some nice intros to past Top 25s. 

Other thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kenmorefield said:

let's make A&F the depository for the *lists* (which includes blurbs of individual films) but not necessarily for the the introductions/essays about the lists

This makes sense to me, and (at least for Transpositions—I can't speak for Image) those introductions should still be available at the places they were originally published, right? It does look cleaner without the intro paragraph.

Thanks again for all your work on this, Ken. I imagine there's a lot more going on behind the scenes with this stuff, and your care and curation for the website is greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, at the top of the list, would you have something to the effect of "The introduction to the list can be found here," with a link to the intro in the word 'here'?  I would think something like that would be necessary.


To be an artist is never to avert one's eyes.
- Akira Kurosawa

http://secularcinephile.blogspot.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andrew said:

So, at the top of the list, would you have something to the effect of "The introduction to the list can be found here," with a link to the intro in the word 'here'?  I would think something like that would be necessary.

Yes. That is what we have now with sample, though I noticed on my phone that the text doesn't necessarily show up as a link, so it may be worth writing out the URL. I think one or two lines doesn't push the beginning of the list off the bottom of the screen so that you have to scroll down to see that it is a list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kenmorefield said:

Yes. That is what we have now with sample, though I noticed on my phone that the text doesn't necessarily show up as a link, so it may be worth writing out the URL. I think one or two lines doesn't push the beginning of the list off the bottom of the screen so that you have to scroll down to see that it is a list. 

Ah, I see.  Yeah, it isn't clearly a link, since the font wasn't a different color or underlined, etc.  Would something like "Results and full article were originally published at..." be more accurate and comprehensive?  And I'll second Joel:  thank you, Ken, for doing this.  


To be an artist is never to avert one's eyes.
- Akira Kurosawa

http://secularcinephile.blogspot.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly, though I'm inclined to be as minimalist as possible here since the format won't always be the same. But a link directly under title can direct readers to a discussion thread or a post where introductory comments are made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...