Sign in to follow this  
Spoon

Lost

I like the compass thing. Still thinking about its implications, but liked it.

And overall I thought it was a good episode. In the top 5 for me.

Glad to see less of Jack and Sawyer.

They nearly ruined the show for me last night.

A) The salve that gives you moral-crisis dreams. Come on. Where did Locke learn THAT little trick?

cool.gif Boone hasn't had an encounter with the beast like the others have. So how was he able to hallucinate its behavior so well?

C) Locke. In this episode, he went from being a likeable, rough, brusque, spiritual authority figure to being some kind of wacko who considers it his duty to shove his fellow survivors into moral crises to teach them a lesson. The lesson he taught Charlie made sense and didn't require much in the way of hocus pocus. This one however went far beyond the bounds of plausibility to me. Lame.

D) I didn't buy the Boone/Shannon story. Seemed like the most far-fetched of them all so far, for some reason.

I did, however, laugh at the "PEE!!! PEE ON MY FOOT!! MAN, PEE!!!!"

After this, and last night's "Alias," I'm about ready to re-dedicating Wednesday nights to my own creative writing instead of watching two shows that are increasingly frustrating. I too am beginning to think that there is no center, that nobody really knows what's going on.

I'm not ready to give up on Locke just yet. He seems way too deliberate in his actions. He is up to something. I have a theory that Locke is maybe possessed by the spirit of the island/monster or at the very least in communication with it.

Keep in mind, tonight's episode was the first time we've seen the monster since Locke met it face to face in episode 4. I don't think it is coincidence that the monster suddenly reappears in connection with Locke.

It seems as if Locke is slowly developing his own little army of devotees. (Finally getting to be the Colonel.) I'm still not sure exactly what he is up to, but it does seem clear he has a plan in mind. So I was a little more hopeful after tonight's episode. I caught a glimmer from the writers tonight of "we know what we're doing -- just trust us and be patient."

Oh and the appearance of Sawyer in Boone/Shannon's flashback was awesome.

Locke's always talking about sides as well ("Sayid's a good man, we need him on our side"). After yesterday's episode, I think the question being asked is, "which side is Locke on, good or bad?". That's why Charlie's conversation with Jack gave me the heebie-jeebies. There was a cult feel to it.

spoilers1.gif (to be on the safe side)

Interesting discussion of the episode. I got the VCR to work, but the clock must be off by a minute or so--it cut off just the end, just after Shannon (apparently?) died and Boone attacked Locke. How much and what did I miss?

PM or e-mail me, if you wish.

Good ep. Nice to see a backstory on a character that is not a criminal or a scumbag. So far.

So Walt is

"special"? He can make things happen by concentrating very hard.

The polar bear looked fake.

Claire is back, but she looks -- awful.

I'm glad they are re-running the Rousseau episode, because I missed it.

I'm glad they are re-running the Rousseau episode, because I missed it.

Are the re-running it? Because the first part of next week's teaser did not look familiar to either me or my wife.

Funny, the first part of the trailer didn't look familiar to us either.

It's nice to see them finally start to tie together loose ends without adding any new "mysteries".

Might be spoilers1.gif

I am such a flippin' idiot. I PM'd BethR last week to let her know they were extending the time a bit, so she needed to add a few minutes on her recording.

I forgot to do the same. bang.gif

Someone, please be kind and let me know what happened at the very end? The last I saw was Locke holding a knife, Boone whispering "Vincent?" and that's it. What happened next? Can I infer it was

Claire? Was she still pregnant or not?

And what were the previews? It's a re-run?

Thank you!

bang.gif again

Easy there, Ann. You'll get a headache! smile.gif

At the end it was

Claire and they intentionally left it dark, so you couldn't see if she were pregnant or not. She looked really, really rough though.

Next week is going to be a re-run. I saw on AICN that the next new episode isn't until Feb. 9

Thanks, anthony. smile.gif

My little TV is on the fritz, so I saw this episode in black and white. It was a rather odd experience.

Favorite scene: Charlie being tempted to read Claire's diary. DM has a flair for slapstick, I think.

Once again, I didn't care about the flashback.

The Locke/Michael interaction was good, but I'm getting really tired of Locke's know-it-all attitude. The man needs some humility.

The episode was rather bland for me. I don't care much for the

Walt causes things to happen on the island

mysticism, but maybe I'm just losing my enthusiasm.

It is nice to finally see some acknowledgement that people are working to survive, and not just sitting on the beach getting a tan (or sunburn).

For those who want a review or to catch up, next week's TV Guide recaps the LOST episodes so far, and profiles the major characters, supposedly highlighting the key points. FWIW.

Finally got around to watching last weeks episode. I agree with Ann... my favorite scene would be Charlie's "should I or shouldn't I" moment with Claire's diary. Charlie also had the best line in the show, when he said to Sawyer, "You hit like a ponce."

I keep forgetting to mention this, but last episode there was a reference to The Office. In Charlie's back story, the girl he was scamming/falling for claimed that her father was checking out a paper company in Slough!

Somebody must be fan, which couldbe why that Charlie scene we loved so much from a couple weeks ago so closely resembles Tim's waffling in the Christmas Episoe about whether he'll approach Dawn again about how he feels.

Okay, so the last lottery number, in fact the Mega-Lottery number was... 42.

Are the dolphins trying to tell them something besides "thanks for all the fish."?

In other news, I just wonder how big the payoff will be in the end, and when we will get to it. I'm in for the drawn-out suspense, but they better keep dropping big satisfying crumbs along the way.

Good episode. Not as fulfilling as last week's (which I thought was one of the very best). Hurley's story was a bit hokey, but I still like his character. It's headed in an X-Files direction. But I'm still hanging on, happy that the show's hitting far more than it's missing.

JO!

Every word of that post mirrors my feelings. I said to my wife last night, "I smell aliens." But we'll see. There was a moment where the "numbers" made me think of Pi. If numbers can represent the name of JHWH, perhpas these numbers represent Mr. Lucifer.

If numbers can represent the name of JHWH, perhpas these numbers represent Mr. Lucifer.

This (could be considered spoilers1.gif ) LiveJournal thread post certainly seems to think so. With an eye for detail that only the most devoted fans apply, he also notes almost every occurence of the various numbers on the show so far. Hmmmm.

This (could be considered  spoilers1.gif ) LiveJournal thread post certainly seems to think so. With an eye for detail that only the most devoted fans apply, he also notes almost every occurence of the various numbers on the show so far. Hmmmm.

Someone has way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands.

Someone has way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands.

I politely refrained from describing the LiveJournal poster's devotion as "geeky," but yes. smile.gif

Still, without him, we wouldn't know all that, would we? 'Cos I certainly don't care that much! But it's kinda fun to think about it, now that the information's brought to my attention. huh.gif

Watched it last night - good ep!

- Locke is such a mystery. Good guy? Bad guy? Hard to tell. But I love every minute that he's onscreen.

- I for one liked Hurley's backstory. It was completely the opposite of what I expected, and yet it made perfect sense. That's the kind of combo that will keep me coming back. (As opposed to Jack and Kate's backstories, which were exactly as expected)

- THE NUMBERS!! aaaaagggghhhh! I am also glad for guys who have enough time and little enough life to compile websites like that. They make the entertainment fandom world go round.

If that's true, then the actor is playing against type. smile.gif

As soon as I saw him I thought "oh, they needed a guy who can pull off the mysterious, 'is-he-really-on-our-side-yet-he-does-actually-help-us-so-maybe-he-is-but-what-is-his-true-motive?' personna." That seems to be his specialty...

I gave up on the show about three episodes ago, when Claire came back. I tuned in for the first five minutes and thought "good heavens, they're pulling out the amnesia cliche already? No thanks." From reading the recaps at televisionwithoutpity, I don't feel I've missed much.

I did watch this last one, though. I was curious to see where the story was at this point, and I'm glad I did--I think this was one of the stronger episodes, due partly to the connection of the two plotlines (Hurley before and after, as it were), and the fantastic acting by Jorge Garcia.

I've said it before and I'll say it again--the flashbacks don't interest me unless they're somehow tied into the island. I suppose it's just a matter of taste, but otherwise the flashbacks bore me, even as character studies. I suppose a lot of it is because of what crimson said--I expected Jack and Kate's (and Charlie's) backstories to be precisely what they were, so I didn't learn anything new about the characters. Hurley's story, and Locke's for that matter, I didn't expect at all, and that made them more intriguing.

I told Diane in a PM awhile ago that I think I'd enjoy this more if it was already out on DVD and I could follow along at a quicker pace. Waiting a week each time, knowing there are dropped plot points that may or may not be revisited, is too long for me. Maybe I'm just too impatient. smile.gif

the flashbacks don't interest me unless they're somehow tied into the island.

Ah, but how do you know that ALL the flashbacks aren't somehow connected to the island? Or at least to the reasons that they've ended up on the island? unsure.gif

But I agree--it is a lot easier to put all the pieces together when the eps. are on DVDs and you don't have to wait from week to week (or more), and put up with commercials.

Though it's been a kind of backhanded benefit, as far as Lost goes, that I've had a 6-9 p.m. class on Wednesdays this semester, so have been taping it.