Sign in to follow this  

Red Sox WIN the WORLD SERIES

Nah. The Cursed Sox will lose to the Cardinals. The only question is who plays the role of Bill Buckner this time.

Mark Bellhorn. Has to be somebody whose last name starts with B. Francona should just scratch Bellhorn from the roster.

Edited by mrmando

Let's just say that with Mussina perfect through six and the Yanks up by a touchdown, it ain't lookin' good for the Sox at the moment.

Wow, that was some finish last night. The Sox almost came back from an 8-0 defecit to win. If all the games are as dramatic as that one, it's going to be quite an exciting series.

My nerves can't take much more of that kind of excitement. I was so tense when I went to bed that I couldn't sleep a wink. haironend.gif

While this isn't as painful as last year's defeat-wrestled-from-the-jaws-of-victory debacle, it's still rather sad to see the Red Sox imploding like this.

Well, the Sox are "still breathing," to quote ESPN's John Miller, but to survive another game they'll need something miraculous, like a complete-game shutout from Pedro. Some team, somewhere, some year, will become the first club to win a 7-game league championship series after being down 3-0. But this probably isn't the team.

Wow. I'm not even a baseball fan, and THAT was a GREAT baseball game.

I am suddenly a huge Red Sox fan. They deserved to win this game, the umps made incredible decisions... THE RIGHT ONES... and it ended with an edge-of-your-seat, nail-biting showdown. Fantastic.

Go Sox.

I usually only watch and cheer for the Phillies, but I'll make an exception here and give the Sox a big thumbs up. I'd love to see them beat the Yankees in this series. It is turning out to be quite a show...

Just remember everyone, when A-Rod runs, he'll occasionally throw out his arm and try to slide the glove out of your hand.  tongue.gif

GO SOX!!!!

Yeah, that was a great moment in baseball history! And kudos to the umps for getting together and getting it right.

Kudos to Alan Thomas, too, for the snazzy new avatar.

Alan! To paraphrase a quote from Bull Durham "You don't go changing your avatar in the middle of a streak! You gotta respect the streak!"

As Crash Davis said in Bull Durham: "A player on a streak has to respect the streak... because they don't happen very often." The same goes for the fans. From here on out, if a team is on a streak, we must respect it. That means no washing your underwear. You can only tie your shoes with your left hand. And I can't stress this enough, no eye contact with donkeys.

And no changing avatars! Now put it back.... go on...

user posted image

Clearly an ABC church rather than SBC.

Edited by Darrel Manson

Holy freakin' cow. I don't think I would have believed it if I had not watched the last four games. Amazing and unbelievable.

And what about Johnny Damon? Chewbacca slugged in six runs tonight!!!!

Unfreakin' believable.

Now... will it be the Cards or the Astros?

Well, the Sox are "still breathing," to quote ESPN's John Miller, but to survive another game they'll need something miraculous, like a complete-game shutout from Pedro. Some team, somewhere, some year, will become the first club to win a 7-game league championship series after being down 3-0. But this probably isn't the team.

HEY -- it could happen. *sniff*

AND IT DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Clint M

Faaaaaantaaaaaaasticcccccc!!!!

Not only is this the greatest comeback in baseball history, but as one sports analyst said on ESPN radio this may be the greatest comeback in all of sports history. To come back and win four games, against the winningest team in any major sport, and to top it off by doing so on their home turf is unprecedented in sports history.

Now it'll be interesting to see how the major sports analysts write about this event. Will it be, "Greatest comeback in history" for the Red Sox, or "Greatest meltdown in history" for the Yankees. I would go with the former, since 3 of the last 4 games were as hard fought as any I've witnessed.

Bravo, Boston!

Wow. I was on edge, and I'm not even a Sox fan. That was awesome. And if the Cards lose the WS, I won't mind who they lose to.

At least, it better be the Cards. Please be the Cards.

I still believe in The Curse. They will now face (a) the team that should win as the best team in baseball, or (B) another team of destiny, whose comeback (starting midseason) is as impresive as the Bosox comeback in the ALCS.

I still believe in The Curse.  They will now face (a) the team that should win as the best team in baseball, or (cool.gif another team of destiny, whose comeback (starting midseason) is as impresive as the Bosox comeback in the ALCS.

Gosh, Darrel, let us revel a little. We're still in the afterglow here! tongue.gif

How 'bout that seventh-inning drama, when the Sox pulled Lowe and Pedro gave up three hits and two runs? The curse looked pretty alive and kicking right about then. So glad the obnoxious Yankee fans had to eat their stupid "who's your daddy" chant.

What can I say? Bosox fans are, in their own way, just as obnoxious as MFY fans. It would serve them right to win the WS, then what would they have to dream about? They would wither from lack of hope.

At least, it better be the Cards.  Please be the Cards.

Well, at least some of us think the National League series has been the more exciting LCS. Jim Edmonds home run in the bottom of the 12th, wow! cool.gif

The Cards have history on their side. They've won the last two games of every seven-game series in which they've trailed 3-2 ('26, '34, '46, '82, '87). So, hopefully they'll put it out against what's-his-name pitching for the Astros tonight. To quote our illustrious President, "Bring it on!"

(I've always wanted an excuse to use this smiley): duel.gif

What can I say? Bosox fans are, in their own way, just as obnoxious as MFY fans.  It would serve them right to win the WS, then what would they have to dream about?  They would wither from lack of hope.

ohmy.giflaugh.gif

While I certainly can't argue about the obnoxious part (even I don't like Boston sports fans, and "cowboy up" was a pretty lame excuse for a chant last year), one thing you can't accuse us of is "lack of hope." Oh, don't you worry, we'll find something to dream about AFTER we win the Series!

At least, it better be the Cards.
Edited by mpfan