Sign in to follow this  
thestralrider

"Eragon"

I'm working my way through "Eragon," by Christopher Paolini. It's the first in this 19 year old's "Inheritance" trilogy. He started working on the books when he was 15 (SHOCKED.gif), the same year he graduated homeschool high school.

I'm just curious as to other people's response to this book... while I admire the fact that he has undertaken this enormous task with more grace and thoroughness than the typical teen, I have noticed several niggling little things about the book that strike me as very stereotyped and cliche... but I don't know if it's just the fact that I went into reading the book with the presupposition that it was written by a young trekkie/rpg player... (not that there's anything wrong with that! wink.gif ) and maybe it's made me more aware & sensitive to those things. I don't know. What do you think? huh.gif

I'm sorry that I find this post so late, but I would be very interested to discuss Eragon, if you still want that smile.gif

Probably you have finished the book by now, so we can pick on all the little niggling things smile.gif

Edited by Guinevere