Well-Known Actors and Directors Who Are Believers?

Shia LaBeouf: "I became a Christian man, and not in a f***ing bulls**t way."

Per Relevant, linking to Interview.
Edited by Buckeye Jones

In Empire this month Mark Wahlberg was saying how 'it's all about Jesus now'. I'm sure he'll be on Actor's Studio one day.

On hearing the man he assaulted supported his pardon, Wahlberg said:

"The graciousness, the kindness in his heart to forgive me anyway for my unnecessary and horrible actions … " Wahlberg told Vulture, pausing for a long time before he continued to speak. "You know, there are many things that I've dealt with in my past, and being a devout Catholic and knowing that I can't be forgiven unless I can forgive, I just thought that what he said was very special. I was overwhelmed with emotion."

I believe I remember Anna Faris talking about her faith on some Late Night Show.

My daughter has a big crush on Chris Pratt and identifies herself as a Christian, so this made her very happy.  I'm amused that a Christian conservative is appropriating Pratt, when numerous sources indicate that he donated to Obama's campaign.  I guess you can't have it all...

My daughter has a big crush on Chris Pratt and identifies herself as a Christian, so this made her very happy.  I'm amused that a Christian conservative is appropriating Pratt, when numerous sources indicate that he donated to Obama's campaign.  I guess you can't have it all...

That's funny, although, that '08 Obama Campaign was kinda of a media tour de force. I had colleagues/acquaintances who had never been interested in politics hanging Obama posters in their apartments, which I always thought was a little bizarre because, I mean — after all, he was a politician. 

This might have come up already, but I was listening to THE CRITERION QUESR podcast on THE KILLERS and the guys on there read a quote where John Woo claims that his persistent use of doves comes from his Christian faith. That was the first I've heard of *that*--though, of course, I'm not all up on my John Woo trivia.

Ah. He talks about it here, though most of the interview is behind a paywall: http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1821497,00.html

Edited by NBooth

Oh yeah, I first came across the dove/Christian thing in World magazine back when Face/Off came out -- gulp -- 18 years ago.

Actually, come to think of it, Woo's Christianity was mentioned in this thread seven years ago. :)

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

Actually, come to think of it, Woo's Christianity was mentioned in this thread seven years ago. :)

I'm not surprised. I'm on my phone right now, so I decided to take a risk and post.

Actually, come to think of it, Woo's Christianity was mentioned in this thread seven years ago. smile.png

I'm not surprised. I'm on my phone right now, so I decided to take a risk and post.

Plus the Newsboys released a song called "John Woo" (written by Steve Taylor) on Thrive.

Edited by winter shaker

Actually, come to think of it, Woo's Christianity was mentioned in this thread seven years ago. smile.png

Plus the Newsboys released a song called "John Woo" (written by Steve Taylor) on Thrive.

That song was an integral part of my childhood, before I had even heard of John Woo. I still know [most] of the lyrics.

From Cathleen Falsani's interview with the late John Mahoney (link at the end to the full piece), which appears in her 2006 book The God Factor: Inside the Spiritual Lives of Public People.

While he can’t put an exact date on it, John believes his mind began to change when his heart did, around the time he had what he describes as an “epiphany” in a Roman Catholic church in downtown Chicago around 1975....

“I think maybe it was the intercession of the Holy Ghost,” he continues. “I’ve always prayed to the Holy Ghost for wisdom and for understanding and knowledge. I think he answered my prayers when I stopped in the church that day. My life was totally different from that day on