Sign in to follow this  

What's Your Favorite Girl-Scout Cookie?

I seriously don't understand people's affinity for thin mints. But then again, I can't stand mints to begin with. Bring on the pinatas!

"I feel a nostalgia for an age yet to come..."
Opus, Twitter, Facebook

My vote was based on the assumption that Caramel DeLights is the new name for Samoas.

Formerly Baal_T'shuvah

"Everyone has the right to make an ass out of themselves. You just can't let the world judge you too much." - Maude 
Harold and Maude

My vote was based on the assumption that Caramel DeLights is the new name for Samoas.

It depends on the council, I think. When I was selling them, they were called Samoas, then the name changed to Caramel DeLights, then around here it was changed back based on council decision.

I used to like the Mints before I liked coconut. After that, it was Samoas everytime.

Subtlety is underrated

I picked Samoas/Caramel Delites (as of last year, they were still Samoas here) because they are my favorite. However, I have never had the opportunity to try the Lemon Sandwich Cremes, which have potential as a fave.

"During the contest trial, the Coleman team presented evidence of a further 6500 absentees that it felt deserved to be included under the process that had produced the prior 933 [submitted by Franken, rk]. The three judges finally defined what constituted a 'legal' absentee ballot. Countable ballots, for instance, had to contain the signature of the voter, complete registration information, and proper witness credentials.

But the panel only applied the standards going forward, severely reducing the universe of additional basentees the Coleman team could hope to have included. In the end, the three judges allowed about 350 additional absentees to be counted. The panel also did nothing about the hundreds, possibly thousands, of absentees that have already been legally included, yet are now 'illegal' according to the panel's own ex-post definition."

The Wall Street Journal editorial, April 18, 2009 concerning the Franken Coleman decision in the Minnesota U.S. Senate race of 2008.

Caramel Delites? Are they kidding?! "Samoas" is way cooler. What a bunch of ninnies. There's a very good reason I left the Girl Sprout and joined Sea Explorers back in the day. Feh.

Neb

Fortus fortuna uvat!

Which ones are made of real girl scouts?

tongue.gif

I voted for Samoas assuming we're talking about eating these straight out of the box. However, put a box of thin-mints in the freezer overnight and the next morning they've transformed into cookie bliss.

Scott -- 2nd Story -- Twitter

Peanut Butter Patties.

Oh and solishu:

Which ones are made of real girl scouts?

Why, the Brownies, of course.

[iNSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Caramel Delites? Are they kidding?! "Samoas" is way cooler. What a bunch of ninnies. There's a very good reason I left the Girl Sprout and joined Sea Explorers back in the day. Feh.

At the moment, "Samoas" are really cool, because they're in an Edy's ice-cream flavor. "Edy's" is called something else on the West coast, but I can't recall what it is just now. In any case, the ice-cream is just as good as the cookies. Maybe better. smile.gif

There is this difference between the growth of some human beings and that of others: in the one case it is a continuous dying, in the other a continuous resurrection. (George MacDonald, The Princess and Curdie)

Isn't narrative structure enough of an ideology for art? (Greg Wright)

At the moment, "Samoas" are really cool, because they're in an Edy's ice-cream flavor. "Edy's" is called something else on the West coast, but I can't recall what it is just now.  In any case, the ice-cream is just as good as the cookies. Maybe better.  smile.gif

They brand is called Dreyer's here in Texas. My wife makes me buy at least 3 cartons of the Samoas ice cream every season they come out with it.

And this year she's pregnant.