Oscars 2005: Documentary Feature

"An eligible documentary film is defined as a theatrically released non-fiction motion picture dealing creatively with cultural, artistic, historical, social, scientific, economic or other subjects. It may be photographed in actual occurrence, or may employ partial re-enactment, stock footage, stills, animation, stop-motion or other techniques, as long as the emphasis is on fact and not on fiction."

"Documentary Feature - films more than 40 minutes in running time"

Any word about Twist of Faith? Haven't heard of that one. Born into Brothels is due to open here this week. I'm looking forward to it. I'm sorry to not see Control Room.

A foreign movie can't be stupid.

-from the film
Armin

DanBuck wrote:

: So which is it, the tv rule or the best picture entry?

I think it's both -- he showed it on TV and said he didn't care about being disqualified for this award because he could still aim for Best Picture.

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Um. What the hell is a TUPAC: RESURRECTION and why should one ever really care?

I think I will quickly do a little review from my notes from last fall on Born Into Brothels. It looks like many more people are going to be interested in it.

-s.

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

Tupac: Resurrection is a documentary about Tupac Shakur, the rapper who was mysteriously gunned down in Las Vegas over 10 years ago.

From Showtime's website:

Short-listed for a Best Documentary Oscar nomination, this engrossing film from writer/director Lauren Lazin tells the true life story of slain rapper Tupac Shakur - in the musician's own words. Using hours of interviews and home videos of Shakur, the filmmaker is able to weave a spellbinding biographical portrait of a complex artist, narrated by the subject himself.

OK, that's better. I thought for sure it was a live video, concert footage, something like this.

-s.

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.