Oscars 2005: Makeup

"Makeup is any change in the appearance of a performer's face, or hair, or body created by the application of cosmetics, three-dimensional materials, prosthetic appliances or wigs and hairpieces, applied directly to the performer's face or body. Makeup, as an achievement or a craft, shall be determined by the Makeup Award Rules Committee."

No (m)Leary as Sherlock on the list? The makeup in that foot scene is freaking incredible.

-s.

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

Well I love to say I told you so, but I did!

FWIW I predict that "The Passion" will win best make-up and very little else, certainly none of the biggies.

But 30 weeks really is too early to start - it's more than half a year away!

Matt

</smug git>

Actually we've had quite a debate there on what the Pasison would win and if it would get anything. My hunches are looking good.

Matt

AintitCool made a nice comment that if Passion were to win here it would be pretty much a first for realistic 'gore' makeup (not including more fantastic fare like T2 and The Fly) Would also be nicely ironic if the only award Passion walked away with was for its gore factor!

Phil.

"We live as if the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be." - Angel

"We don't do perms!" - Trevor and Simon

Would also be nicely ironic if the only award Passion walked away with was for its gore factor!

Ironic? or just tacky? wink.gif

There is this difference between the growth of some human beings and that of others: in the one case it is a continuous dying, in the other a continuous resurrection. (George MacDonald, The Princess and Curdie)

Isn't narrative structure enough of an ideology for art? (Greg Wright)

• 1 month later...