Sign in to follow this  
Peter T Chattaway

What happened to the threads?

What the heck happened? Suddenly all the "get new post" buttons and the like are as useless as [put your favorite crude euphemism here] -- suddenly this board is a NIGHTMARE to read. And there doesn't seem to be ANYTHING in "My Controls" to fix it back!

HELP!!!

This isn't happenig to me Peter, all quiet on the Buck Front. Perhaps its browser settings. Any changes in your viewing habits lately?

It has happened to me a couple of times over the past few days, but only that when I click on "view new posts" I get an error message. If I go away and come back a few minutes later I do get through, but it acts as if I've already seen all of the new posts and comes up with only what posted in the time I had left and come back.

I'm on Firefox.

DanBuck wrote:

: Any changes in your viewing habits lately?

None whatsoever. Though the first time this happened did coincide with one of the few times I took Alan's advice and used the "Google A&F" function. Remind me never to do THAT again.

Assuming, of course, that this problem can be solved. (SZPT, any more info on what happens when you the problem comes and goes, at your end?)

Alan Thomas wrote:

: Note sure what's going on, but details are helpful.

Basically nothing shows up AT ALL except for the very first post, and then a long list of branched posts with only the first few words of each one. And if I click on one of those, then I only get to look at TWO posts -- the very first post, and the one I clicked on. Very, very annoying.

Um...

Suddenly in some threads I'm now seeing the right-column ads go to TWO COLUMNS... squeezing the real content down even FURTHER.

Anyone else, or is it just me????