Sign in to follow this  
Jason Bortz

H.E.A.R.T. Trailer

The 2 minute trailer for the H.E.A.R.T. piece is up on my site. It's about 13 MB, so it takes a couple of minutes to load. (I'm not entirely savvy with the 'streaming' bit yet...needs must learn how). I'm working on getting the large (640x480) up...this one is 320x240.

It's over here.

FWIW, mine eyes have beheld Jason's H.E.A.R.T. film in its entirety. It is an artfully made piece--part tone poem, part infomercial--about the work of the H.E.A.R.T. organization and the radiant faces of the people to whom they're ministering. When it was over, I was ready to sign up. (Now, I've just got to get my supervisors to give me three weeks of clearance to go...)

I had the privilege of gushing over it in Jason's presence, so no need to do that here. But you should all get your hands on copies and share them with your churches and your friends and family.

Hey Jason,

I just watched your trailer for HEART and I am very impressed. I would really like to see the whole thing, but I'm not sure how that can happened. wink.gif I also took a look at your website for AETUS Films... are you based in Sacramento? Or nearby? How long have you been in business for?

I read your paragraphs of info about how you got involved with the HEART story; God Bless you for acquiring the vision to see this through. I am the same way with my projects - I really, really want to do stuff that is going to impact people's lives and help make a difference in this world.

God Bless,

docu_trev

Wow, nice trailer! Please forgive my ignorance, but since you shot digital did you then have your final cut "filmlooked" to polish it up? It looks beautiful!

Thanks,

Neb (who is planning to dive in to doc making sometime soon...)

Thanks Neb! No, no filmlook or Magic Bullet; what you see is the Panasonic AG-DVX100 au natural. We did a small contrast adjustment to warm one of those shots because the clouds washed out the skin tone, but that's about it.

I would really like to see the whole thing, but I'm not sure how that can happened.  wink.gif I also took a look at your website for AETUS Films... are you based in Sacramento? Or nearby? How long have you been in business for?

Well, it's for sale on the HEART website...

Yeah, we're in Sacto, the blasted wastelands of NoCal...we've been around for about 2 years now.

Good Lord, two years. Wow.

Well, it's for sale on the HEART website...

Yeah, we're in Sacto, the blasted wastelands of NoCal...we've been around for about 2 years now.

You're in Sacto?! I'm in Stockton! I could throw a rock and hit you (not that I would, of course)...

We produced a couple of films a couple of years ago. I can't remember what camera our DP had, but it was whatever the top of the line deal was 6-7 years ago. I remember it cost him a mint and although the footage was gorgeous it definitely had a "video" look to it. Our editor tweaked it a bit with his setup to "filmlook" it, but we were still looking at sending the master to the pros for the real adjustment. It was costly, needless to say. I can't tell you how it all turned out, because my husband's partner turned out to be a snake who took the masters and never completed the thing...so we're out our entire investment and have no idea how to even go about legally getting the masters back from him. Ugh.

Anyway, I'm very encouraged by your work! Thanks for sharing!

Neb