Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

Frida Kahlo

Frida KAhlo is one of my faviourte artestetss of all time i had a friend in high school who even wore a small self portrit of Kahlo around her neck like a relgious icon or medal what i like is the raw emotinalism of her art work it has an aresting lyrcism to it that just leaves me breathless what are yoru views postive or negtive on her art work.

Frida KAhlo is one of my faviourte artestetss of all time i had a friend in high school who even wore a small self portrit of Kahlo around her neck like a relgious icon or medal what i like is the raw emotinalism of her art work it has an aresting lyrcism to it that just leaves me breathless what are yoru views postive or negtive on her art work.

I like her alot. She was very bold in creating her own visions at a time when very few woman did. Especially being from a country that did not necessarily support women in the arts. Her art is "all about her" but she had a very intersting life and really takes us through a visual interprutaion of it. I don't know where she stood with God though. I would have liked to see some sort of outward display of that in her works.

I saw Diego Rivera mural at Detroit Institue of Art this weekend, but I was surprised they did not have a single Kahlo. According to the lady manning the gift shop, this is a source of some consternation among some supporters of the museum since Kahlo stayed across the street while Rivera was making the murals and painted several paintings in Detroit...but I guess the museum at the time didn't think to buy any from her. 

There's a parable in there, I think.