Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kenmorefield

Fantasy Baseball, Anyone?

150 posts in this topic

At the moment there are 10. I've deleted the teams from last year that haven't signed in yet. So if the other two get in, it will still be good. I'd like to lock things down Friday night so we don't get caught at the last minute unable to draft. Also since there's only been one comment about moving the draft time, I'll go ahead and move it to 1 pm PST.

if you need another, I'll field a team this year. I played a few years back. I don't want to throw off the 10-12 team balance though. Let me know and I'll sign up right away.

Lance:

Go ahead and register your team. I'll get the 12th man -- Peter Nguyen -- to sign up, too. That should bring us to 12.

Live draft is Saturday at 1 pm Pacific.

and I'm in. That makes 12.

Play Ball!

I've set the max for the league at 12, so we're locked down. See you all tomorrow at 1 PST for the draft.

Is attendance at the draft mandatory or is autodraft allowed? Just in case I'm a bit late?

My wife just informed me of a possible conflict for tomorrow that could make me late for the start. I don't think it will happen, I should be back in time, but I wanted to touch base here.

If it is a problem, I don't want to screw up everyones draft and I can resign and find another person real quick, hopefully.

I don't mind the autodraft for my team, (not my best preference, but better than not playing) but didn't know if it would be allowed. Thoughts?

If you're not there, the computer will pick from your queue.

i am not sure yet if I will be able to attend the live draft, so I might have to send my auto-pick bot in my place. Unfortunately I haven't yet found a way to program the auto-pick function to avoid the ex-Cub factor

Well, Pastor M, what about it? Another year for the A&F Field of Dreams?

Sure. Since it sports dead time (I don't follow hoops except to know that the apocalypse must be nigh because the Clippers are good and the Lakers have a stench, and ice hockey isn't as convenient to watch) I haven't been to Yahoo to see what's going on. I'll have to drop by today and see about resetting the league.

OK, I've reactivated the league, I'm hoping emails are on their way to all last years participants. Then we'll look at the possibility of expanding.

Sorry guys, the Cephalopods are going to have to drop this year. I enjoy the company, but I just don't have the time. Maybe next year.

I promise to be fiercely competitive this year. Last year I allowed different friends to talk me into joining too many leagues. This year, this league will be only 1 of my 2.

My baseball fantasy this year is that the Nats not collapse after leading 6-0, at home, in the deciding game of a divisional playoff series.

Oh, sorry, is this thread about "fantasy baseball"? I got the word-order wrong.

There are 3 slots open for this year. It's at Yahoo fantasy baseball, join league #77250, password screwball

When I set up the league, I set draft for March 26, not noticing that it was in the midst of Holy Week. If we need to change it let me know.

Still one hole available? Who wants in?

I have a player for the league.

Thom Caraway teaches at Whitworth College and edits Rock & Sling.

Apparently he can only join if you e-mail him, Darrel.

I made the mistake of telling him to sign up directly and he got this message, which you've seen before:

There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. If you were invited to take over an existing team, please click the link in the email you received to join the league. To create a brand new team, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)

His e-mail is: thomcaraway@yahoo.com

It's clear now and I sent the invite. I forgot to completely delete my team when I made a new team to change from one acct to the other.

It's that time again.  I renewed the league and sent invites to last years players (to whatever email they use for such things).  If you played last year and didn't get an invite, check with me.  If you plan to play again this year, please sign up soon, so we know what holes we need to fill.  I want to draft before the Dodgers and D-back play in Australia. (If I get Kershaw, I'd hate to miss any of his Ks.)

Didn't get an invite. Would hate to miss anything. The Grey Geese were at their most competitive last year, my management notwithstanding. 

Since the Grey Geese are in, I assume you found a link.  It's about to open it up to newbies, so if you're one of those 5 owners from last year who hasn't activated your team, it's time to do so.

Fair warning: If you haven't renewed your team in a couple of days, I'll be cleaning out the unrenewed teams so we can open to new owners.

Wow, it's that's time of year again.  I looked back in my emails, and I never received an invite.  I am interested in participating again this year, team Buffalo Hills.

There is a single slot open in the Arts and Faith league.  Send me a PM with your email if you want in.  First come first serve.

Still looking for our final team. Don't make me resort to my brother.