Sign in to follow this  
Miki

Folk music concert tonight:

Hi--

Tonight, I'll be meeting and having dinner with a friend of mine at a local seafood restaurant, and then, at 8 o'clock p. m., we'll be attending a "This Land is Your Land" folk concert, featuring

the Kingston Trio, Glen Yarborough, and the Brothers Four. We're both looking forward to it, and it should be lots of fun I'll keep you all posted. smile.gif

A couple of years ago my folks went to a Woody Guthrie folk festival, in Woody's hometown in Okema, Oklahoma. They were impressed with both the turn-out and the music. Arlo Guthrie was there, along with some local OK bands. They enjoyed it and brought back a couple of T-shirts.

Hope you enjoyed your night out, Miki. Folk music is one of the few genres that I enjoy only a little at a time. After awhile, depending on the style, it starts to get on my nerves.

Edited by Ann D.

Subtlety is underrated

Thanks very much, Ann. The concert was wonderful, and the players were really in top form the other night. It was well worth going to.

Woody Guthrie and Arlo Guthrie have both written some great songs, and, as an all-around person when it comes to music, I've enjoyed listening to both of them. Folk music is one of the greatest types of music around. No question about it.

What you mean, "one of" the greatest?

"All music is folk music. I ain't never heard no horse sing a song."

Edited by mrmando

Let's Carl the whole thing Orff!

Do you know the deep dark secret of the avatars?

It's big. It's fat. It's Greek.