Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Wise Blood

Diane   

Ooooh. I like your take on that scene, anglican! Nice job!

Mark   

I had something insightful to add about two weeks ago, and of course it slipped through the sieve that passes for my brain. Something about eyes ... and a comparison to the "eyes of God" imagery in The Great Gatsby. Even though I can't recall it exactly right now, I wanted to post to put this thread back in play, and to prove I'm not totally slacking in my book club duties. Need to consult my notes, return to the chapter I was thinking of, and pull it together.

So, today I'm headed back to the novel (so close to the end, but haven't read in at least a week), and will post, post haste. smile.gif

(P.S. Yeah, anglican, that is a seriously cool take on Enoch and the liturgy! I'm going back to re-read that in light of what you wrote.)

Wow ... this thread died not with a bang, but with a whimper.

I think folks here like movies better than books!

Thought this story was a good enough reason to bring this thread back into the limelight: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-09/church-for-atheists-comes-to-australia/5080996

It is a church without religion, a congregation that celebrates life rather than any god.

Sunday Assembly, or church for atheists, is a gathering of the godless and is on its way to Australia. It aims to celebrate and inspire. It also serves tea and cake.

"The Sunday Assembly has been called the atheist church, but we prefer to think of it as all the best bits of church but with no religion and awesome songs," British comedian Sanderson Jones said.

"Our motto is "live better, help often and wonder more", and our mission is to help everyone live this one life as fully as possible."

Edited by Benchwarmer