Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Share some photos...

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

user posted image

Posted · Report post

That does look better than devart, where I've been posting photos before.

Posted · Report post

My wife and I, but especially my wife, have become rather fascinated with Flickr. It's a great little website - it just does one thing, and it does it very well (I'm speaking partially as a geeky web designer).

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/opuszine/

Her photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrsopus/ (Personally, I'm a fan of her "Nebraska Sky" set.)

Posted · Report post

I love (Yahoo!) Flickr. I haven't quite worked up the nerve to share my photos, but from a security perspective, it's great having all my photos OFF my PC and stored in their full resolution. (I purchased the paid service.) Unlike services such as Shutterfly, Flickr stores your complete photos and let you share them with others in their full glory.

Exactly. We still use iPhoto to initially catalog our photos, but once we've figured out which ones we really like, we upload the full resolution copies to Flickr and start tagging away.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I love (Yahoo!) Flickr. I haven't quite worked up the nerve to share my photos,

Ohh, the interaction is the best (and most addictive) part of Flickr. Share away! BTW, Mrs. Opus's sunsets are indeed very cool.

Edited by Buckeye Jones

You can now order prints, photo books, posters, photo DVDs, and even stamps that use your Flickr photos.

Click here for more details...

Edited by opus

Posted · Report post

If you browse through these, you just might find a photo of me in an extremely tacky SILK PRINT SHIRT.

In a word... hott!

Posted · Report post

If you browse through these, you just might find a photo of me in an extremely tacky SILK PRINT SHIRT...

Were you on a tropical island?

Posted · Report post

I should also point out that if folks post links to their Flickr areas, we apparently can add each other to our contact lists pretty easily. Cool!

www.flicker.com/photos/ed_aisela

My pix

user posted image

Posted · Report post

That is really good from a cell phone! I am not technically savvy enough to figure out how to get my pix from my cell phone to my computer--I don't have a cable nor do I pay for the internet service Cingular offers. I think that means I'm stuck--which is too bad because I have this great pic from going to see ROTS. As we were leaving the cinema, this little kid comes up to the door all decked out as Darth Vader--I mean helmet, cape, lightsaber---everything! Except his head was about 2X too big.

(Because of the helmet, not some weird genetic thing).

Certainly Flickr can be addictive--especially trying to figure out this "interestingness" algorithm. Of course, I hope I'm not out of line with a little self-promotion: I found out yesterday that I have the 22nd most-interesting photo on Flickr for December 3rd! (as Ed from Ohio)

Edited by Buckeye Jones

Posted · Report post

That is one pissed off looking pooch. I love it!

Posted · Report post

I came across this thread and thought I'd post a link to my flickr page. some of you are fans of Gillian Welch and Over the Rhine; I've got a few pics of them in concert.

IPB Image

#8 most interesting photo for Dec 19, 2005 on Flickr! Sorry. Proud father moment. Goes back to data analysis now.

Edited by Buckeye Jones

I finally coughed up the cash for a pro account this weekend, and although I spotted an addiction on the horizon when I first started using the free service, I am now full-fledged Flickr obsessed. "Flickritis" is just the term, Buckeye!

Here I am!

Edited by kebbie

Posted · Report post

Hey, has anybody bought prints from Flickr yet? I'm thinking of getting a bunch, but I wondered if anyone can report on whether it's worth it for the cost, quality of prints, if you did the Target pick-up thing, etc.

Posted · Report post

Anyone use Flickr.com to post their photos?

Since everyone seems intersted in Flikr let me also suggest another site that can help to improve your photography skills as well as open new horizons and challenges.

http://www.dpchallenge.com/index.php

This site has many photo challenge contest and the submissions are available to all for viewing: you can't vote on the submissions unless you're a paid member but membership is not required to enjoy this site.

A nice option at this site is to view photo taken by specific cameras (brand/model). Nice if your considering buying a camera: many cameras have reviews given. And many of the photos provide settings, lens, ect.

Give it a try : )

Chip

Posted · Report post

A couple of my Philadelphia photos were selected for an on-line travel guide!

This is starting to happen frequently with Flickr--a number of sites are starting to use it like a free stock photography site. I have mixed feelings about this--I joined to share my photos, not to have them used in advertising, but am pleased to see a lot of people getting larger exposure.

Did they contact you about using them? Or did you submit to them? If your photos are marked "all rights reserved", you should be getting some sort of compensation.

Posted · Report post

A couple of my Philadelphia photos were selected for an on-line travel guide!

Cool... I was contacted by a teacher who wanted to use a photo that I'd taken of a banana slug for their class. And my wife was contacted by someone putting together a book of sky photos.

Posted · Report post

Wow. Was that just in your backyard or something?

Posted · Report post

Okay I joined the bandwagon. You can enjoy the results here!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ringroadproductions/

I'm still debating the pro account thing but that argument will probably fall apart soon enough.

Here's where I intermittently flickr.

Thanks, Alan, for catching my error. Trying to multi-task here and failing.

Edited by Jeffrey Overstreet

Posted · Report post

Andrew, I added you as a contact.

Here is another local Cincinnati guy who does a lot of work for one of the Vineyard's around here. He's got some really neat stuff.