Need some insight on plays

I'm considering some plays for production at my school this year and wonder if any of you fine folk have seen productions of these shows.

What did you think?

Afternoon of the Elves

Cold Comfort Farm

Fools

Star-Spangled Girl

Noonie's Masterpiece in Purple

God's Favorite

Edited by DanBuck

I liked the idea of doing a modern take on a Biblical tale and hoped GF would have a little heft of theme between the laughs. My presupposition (although I haven't read it yet) was that Fools was just about the funny. Am I wrong?

I liked the idea of doing a modern take on a Biblical tale and hoped GF would have a little heft of theme between the laughs.  My presupposition (although I haven't read it yet) was that Fools was just about the funny.  Am I wrong?

Depends on how it's directed, I think ...

You need roles for girls, right? Fools has 3 men, 2 women, and 3-4 roles that could be either. I think GF is just 3 men and 2 women.

Let's Carl the whole thing Orff!

Do you know the deep dark secret of the avatars?

It's big. It's fat. It's Greek.

I did tech for a community theater production of GF. Since we are a Christian group, we sought and received permission from Neil Simon to change some of the language. Usually he won't allow that but it seems God interveened on our behalf. Even his lawyer couldn't believe he would let us change the script. At any rate, it is a pretty good show. It is kind of part Job and part prodigal son.

I think GF is just 3 men and 2 women.

and two ancillary roles - butler and maid or whatever servant genders you want to cast.