STEVEN DELOPOULOS is touring with OtR.

Josh Hurst

I just heard that OtR's fall tour dates will find them bringing along opening act Steven Delopoulos. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this guy's music, this is very, VERY good news. Steven's debut album, Me Died Blue, if one of the year's best records so far. It's delicate, poetic, artful folk music, expertly played and flavored with splashes of ethnic Greek music.

And, from what I've heard, his live shows are electrifying.

Don't miss his album OR his shows.

Partner in Cahoots

www.cahootsmag.com

Hmm. OtR seems to be more and more connected to the CCM community. Their new guitarist, Paul Moak, was with Caedmon's Call for a while, I believe. If you look him up at www.allmusic.com, you'll find he worked on several CCM projects.

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

Actually, I'm not sure if you could count Delopoulos' record as CCM; it's on a brand new record label that distributes its stuff more to non-Christian retailers, and Steven's lyrics never stoop to the cliches associated with CCM.

And speaking of Caedmon's Call, another one of this year's more intriguing records is the solo debut from Derek Webb. Honestly, I can't make up my mind about whether it's a total yawner or one of the year's best albums. But I guess I should save that for another thread...

Partner in Cahoots

www.cahootsmag.com