Sign in to follow this  
The Baptist Death Ray

NaNoWriMo!

Hey everyone,

I haven't posted on this board in a while, but I've been lurking constantly. In either case, just to let everyone know--I'm doing Nanowrimo this year too. I actually did it last year, but I didn't finish my novel by the end of November. Instead, I finished it in February, which was still much, much, MUCH faster than I'd ever worked. I've come to the conclusion that Nanowrimo is one of the best motivational tools to come along ever, so I've decided to try again. This time, being in school rather than work, I have a lot more free time. I hope to actually finish the first draft by November's end!

Just thought I'd drop a line. I'd like to post more often on the board now. Happy writing, everyone!

Mike

Well, I've made it to 50,000 words! And I've got my official Nanowrimo certificate! cheer.gif

And I'm still a long way from being finished with my novel. doh.gif

Now the rewriting can begin. And I'll have to get back to my other project one of these days, the one I submitted for Writer's Block.

But for now:

bdaysmile.gif

cheers.gif

bounce.gif

IPB Image

Hey, folks!

It's that time of year again. As the leaves come down, the writing counts go up. And NaNoWriMo lives on.

I've started, crashed, and burned three different years (not in a row), but I'm determined to make a good show this year.

Who else is up for some wonderfully bad, caffeine induced word barfing?

Seriously, though, I'd be happy to give and receive good natured prodding, poking, and kicking in the kiester. There could be an A&F "writer buddy" bloc.

My username on NaNoWriMo is ... wait for it ... tctruffin.

[Yeah, ok that was lame.]

Good writing!

Edited by tctruffin

Oh, I'm in all right.

I'm IN.

First time 'round I did 90K. Next two years I didn't even make it halfway.

But the times they are a CHAAAAAAAANGINNNNNNNNNN'.

Or something.

I'm crazy; I'm just crazy. Between college and everything else, I really shouldn't do this.

I'm signed up; screen-name: NBooth.

Against my better judgement, I signed up for another year of this insanity. I managed 54K last year. My screen name is SpongeJim.

I don't know how I'll juggle Nanowrimo while perusing the St. Louis International Film Festival, which falls during November as well. But I'll give it a shot.

Well, count me in. This is really scary...I'm going to have to put pen to paper, and all I have is a few ideas and some scattered notes. 8O Aaaaaaagh!

I actually signed up for this a couple of weeks ago because I thought it would help me get my lazy butt in gear. Let's see if it works.

User name: Nebbo

I already have a headache.

Neb

Ready...set...

So is it written yet? When do we get to read it?

Ken is a really funny man. He really is.

I just finished my first session. Got about 2500 words down. Now I just need to do that 20 more times.

I thought I was going to flop right from the start, but I managed to get in around 1765 words (give or take a few). Not a bad start. If I can always try to shoot over the daily 1667 goal, I'll be OK.

Also, if you're feeling like a guinea pig, I'm actually posting my entire novel online here.

I felt very daunted after about 800 words--felt that I was embarked on a hopeless task. Now, not so much.

I'm waiting about posting an excerpt until I actually write something worth reading, though.

Jason, consider me a pure-breed guinea pig. :)

Ohh, I've heard of this. I really wanted to try it, but I'm so busy I've decided to declare my very own NoWriMo when I'll have enough time. :D I mean, how cool is that? A novel in a month. Best of luck to everyone who's doing it!

I'm signed up.

And I'm almost certain I'm going to fail--I've only written 1,700 words in the past three days and I'm already running out of steam. But, hey, it's good practice for next year, what?

Wow, I'm really getting the ball rolling. I went past my goal of 1667 on both the first and second days. I barely wrote anything yesterday, though, which initially shocked me. I thought I wouldn't be able to rebound. But today I started typing and couldn't stop! I'm having a lot of fun with it; I've already caught up with what I needed to do for yesterday, and am well into getting today's goal done too.

Even though my story may end up being subpar, it's a lot of fun to write, and the routine is definitely helping me learn to stick with things.

I've made no progress over the last couple of days--events conspired et cetera. Argh. But there's a month to go yet, so I'm hopeful of catching up.

Don't get down NBooth, for you are right. There's a whole month to catch up.

I've managed to stay on pace, but that's only because of a couple of big days early on. Yesterday was a bust due to various events (Roy Orbison tribute at the Rock HOF), but I'm already doing better than I've done in previous years.

8800 and counting.

3,738... got a late start, then had company both days this weekend, so only got a few hundred words in. Hope to make up some lost ground in the next few days. It's really hard not to stop and editorialize. This is my first major effort, so it's daunting but I know it will be very much a wortwhile excercise.

Nebbo

It's really hard not to stop and editorialize.

That is sooo true. I'm thinking right now I've got a huge steaming pile of Goo, but I'm also valuing the exercise. The act of writing through the story is helping me see new ways for the plot to develop that haven't occured to me through only thinking.