Sign in to follow this  

What's the minimum number of votes that should be required to rate a film?

Number of votes  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How many votes should be required on an A&F topic before the rating is calculated? IMDb uses 5 IIRC, other sites use other numbers. Let me know what you think, and that's where I'll set it.

Five votes is fine with me.

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

I went with two.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Five is fine, but I'm curious about how the system works. Do 5 ratings set the overall film rating in stone (so to speak), or would the rating shift up or down a more members rate it?

There is this difference between the growth of some human beings and that of others: in the one case it is a continuous dying, in the other a continuous resurrection. (George MacDonald, The Princess and Curdie)

Isn't narrative structure enough of an ideology for art? (Greg Wright)