Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

Return of the King

...but good luck downloading it today. The site has apparently been beaten senseless by download requests.

Has anyone else seen the trailer in theaters? I saw it before Secondhand Lions today. Had me salivating.

Fantastic trailer!!

At last, the Nazgul are FRIGHTENING. The trailer shows they've found ways to make the winged steeds look seriously dangerous. There's a great shot that shows one of them crashing down on some charging horses and just crushing them. Wow.

But why... why... why must there always be lines like "What does your heart tell you?" Why are the worst lines of dialogue always given such prominence? Blecccch.

A film based on Tolkien's epic cribbing a line from The Phantom Menace -- sad indeed. ](*,)

(Nonetheless, I'm planning to see Secondhand Lions on Sunday)

As soon as I finished watching that download, I started laughing and crying, it was that good. Wow...

Hmmm.

Jeffrey Overstreet wrote:

: But why... why... why must there always be lines like "What does your

: heart tell you?" Why are the worst lines of dialogue always given such

: prominence? Blecccch.

Because the most clich

Finally got to see the trailer today:

- The 'what does your heart tell you?' line definitely earned the same hokeyness factor rating as it did in 'Phantom Menace.' It was stated in a very similar context: 'will I ever see you again, Ma?' vs. 'how do we know Frodo is still alive?' (And I agree with you, Peter: this type of line is a Hollywood convention not unique to George Lucas; his was just the first example that came to mind.)

- On a more positive note, it was great to finally catch a glimpse of Shelob. Man, I can't wait for that scene!

On a more positive note, it was great to finally catch a glimpse of Shelob. Man, I can't wait for that scene!

It's kind of surprising that they'd reveal any of Shelob (even a glimpse). Thought they'd surely shroud her in total mystery. But boy, I can't wait, either. :spidereekA:

opus wrote:

As soon as I finished watching that download, I started laughing and crying, it was that good. Wow...

Wow. Hysterics. Gotta be a good sign.

Diane

Oh my! What else can I say? It's going to be a long couple of months here. :cry: But it will be so worth the wait! biggrin.gif

Downloaded the trailer today -- very cool, needless to say, but while I was on the site I was delighted to see what's ahead on December 16th.

From LordoftheRings.net

Leading up to the December 17 release of The Lord of The Rings: The Return of the King, the final film Peter Jackson

But... but... The Return of the King isn't going to be the Extended Edition. The experience will not be complete They have to bring them ALL back again NEXT Christmas, when we can sit through ALL THREE EXTENDED EDITIONS in the same day!!!!!

By that time, they'll have sewn all three together into one continuous experience without the credit interruptions. Jackson said early-on that it was his intention ultimately to have them unified as one film.

I'm there. 8O

By that time, they'll have sewn all three together into one continuous experience without the credit interruptions. Jackson said early-on that it was his intention ultimately to have them unified as one film.

But will that be one continuous theatrical-edition experience, or one continuous extended-edition experience? Will we have to buy new DVDs? I thought I read that New Line had promised there were no further extra-special editions forthcoming.

Will we have to buy new DVDs? I thought I read that New Line had promised there were no further extra-special editions forthcoming.

I remember New Line saying that, too. I also seem to remember Jackson saying something in Fellowship's director/writer commentary about how Gollum doesn't quite match up with the Gollum of TTT, and how he hopes to go back and fix that some day. We might want to start saving our money.

But I'm so excited that my city actually made that list of screenings! :luxhello: I'm definitely seeing them, even if I can't make the marathon. Good luck to those of you who can. You should be easy to spot in a crowd when it's over! :twitch2:

Diane

Congratulations, Diane. I've been hoping for an opportunity to use that emoticon, but you beat me to it. Well done.

Heh. Thanks, Jeffrey. The student is only learning from the master.

Ok, I want to go to the NYC marathon! Talk about a chance to do some serious name-dropping!

Diane

SDG wrote:

: But... but... The Return of the King isn't going to be the Extended Edition.

: The experience will not be complete They have to bring them ALL back

: again NEXT Christmas, when we can sit through ALL THREE EXTENDED

: EDITIONS in the same day!!!!!

Y'know, I believe I made this same point last night in a post that the moderators deleted somehow ...

I deleted the thread that you had posted to because you pointed out that it was an unnecessary new thread. So yeah, a few comments were lost, but I hope it was worth it to keep the fragmentation minimal.

Ah. So your post here is not the same as your post to that other thread, but is a re-post of that post. Wouldn't it have been simpler just to stitch the posts from that thread into this thread?

:!:

Is that possible?

Perhaps I've been missing a cool cool function of this board...

: Is that possible?

Well, if you can un-stitch threads and re-direct some posts from one thread to another, I assume you can do the reverse and join posts together ...