Sign in to follow this  
Josh Hurst

ALIAS

Agree with Sloane's good lines: "Is that how Vaughn treated you?"

Agree with Marshall's song being over the top. Although, nice to see Vaughn's understated reaction.

Disagree with Dixon comments Jeff. He was within the LEGALITY of his actions, CIA waned him dead or alive. He just exercised a preference. I was thrilled to see him exerting some personality again. It's been too long that he's had to revert being bland.

Okay... Francie is now immortal? Great, the most annoying character certainly going to be a permanent fixture now.

Bleck.

Didn't like France/Allison/whoever coming back. At all. And now there's some kind of a mystic medicine that she posesses. Groan.

No good lines from Jack, for once.

I confess that I thought Marshall's scene was hilarious, though it WAS a little over the top. If he had done the rap without the drums then it would have worked much better.

Boring, boring, boring. I just about fell asleep a couple of times.

<resists the temptation to laugh evilly>

So, boys--shall I send you all Buffy DVDs for Christmas to relieve your Alias ennui? :wink:

I'm afraid Buffy has always left me cold. I just can't take the rubber masked demons seriously. Funny thing is, I loved the film. But the film is more "in on the joke" than the series seems to be. And therefore, it knows we can't possibly care which demon is slaying who and who has stolen who's powers. But the series seems to expect us to.

I'm a huge fan of Buffy and Alias and I think they have some obvious similarities.

Female heroine. A team around her to help her accomplish her goals. Propechies and a supernatural aspect. Loneliness that comes with being someone who is called to do something huge. People around her who don't know what and who she is. Ambiguity in the villains.

Some of this only applies to the first 2 seasons of Alias.

Last night was good. Thus, Alias is continuing its Season 3 pattern of alternating between good and bad episodes. The next episode, then, should blow, but the week after that should be a real knockout, if my theory holds true...

Anyway, Jack was freaking awesome, and the scene where Sydney slapped Sloane in the face was WONDERFUL. And Marshall was funny without being over the top.

Great confrontation between Jack and Vaughn.

Agreed on all counts, although I am so sick of code-breaking devices I could just ](*,) !!

They finally built some suspense again. And, stop the presses, Syd DIDN'T GET EVEN HALFWAY NAKED this week, which earns a big =D> .

I'm beginning to wonder about Dad. He is SO DESPERATE to save Sydney from having memory help that I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't something he's trying to hide, something he doesn't want her to remember.

I'm starting to care about Lauren, too. She seems to be the ONLY character who is willing to do her job by the book without going on any personal agenda lawbreaking endeavors. A hero to cheer for?

I'm starting to care about Lauren, too. She seems to be the ONLY character who is willing to do her job by the book without going on any personal agenda lawbreaking endeavors. A hero to cheer for?

A hero to cheer for? Maybe. An annoying pain in the ass? Definitely. I'm still not sold on this character.

You know...

Alias can be pretty good at tricking us, but...

I have a feeling it's gonna be up to Spy Mommy to rescue Sydney.

What did you all think of this most recent episode? I dying to know if you were as impressed with it as I was. I could be totally off base but that was one of the most incredible hours of television I had ever seen.

It is nice to see Alias back to its normal self. . .twisted plot lines, character loyalties in question, suspenseful ending, and WILL is coming back next week WOHOOOO!

I liked the prison break episode more than the dream/memory retrieval episode. It just felt like so much filler. I realize that some might claim the prison break as more fillery, but it was an event that mattered -- getting Syd out, which deserved more than just a 10 minute aside -- and it gave us some good character development. Don't get me wrong, both episodes were great, and we got the classic Alias cliffhanger ending this time, which was nice. Both "B" episodes, I think.

Can't say that I was thrilled with the memory retrieval thing either-- I found it to be pretty corny, truth be told, and it didn't match the usual tone of Alias very well. But I'm intrigued by the direction the show is heading in, I loved the cliffhanger ending, and I'm pretty stoked about the return of Will Tippin next week.

I was very pleased with the hyponosis science-type character. What a great guy. Kind of a smarter Jeff Goldbloom with a hankerin' for Barbeque chips. Loved him.

This last episode was excellent, I thought. I was beginning to think I had the show pegged, but they've got me guessing yet again. Never saw most of that stuff coming, especially Kendall's involvement.

And the ending had me a bit giddy.

Hmmm. They tied up a lot of loose ends nicely. But I'm FURIOUS about the twist-ending.

That was a total "give in to the audience wishes" ending.

Worse, it will take a Herculean effort on the part of the storytellers to justify how SHE could be behaving this way. After all, she's taken her job SO SERIOUSLY and has had private moments of breakdown and frustration as she has been tempted toward unethical behavior. She was becoming, for me, the last admirable character on the show.

THIS episode begins with Sydney's father telling her "We've broken a dozen federal laws to find the answers for you and if necessary, we'll break a dozen more." JEEEEZ!!!! These are the "good guys"???!

For those of you who didn't know, Spy Mommy won't be back.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,12920,00.html

I've missed the tension Sydney had to experience walking into SD-6 each week and facing Sloane. I read somewhere that Alias "jumped the shark" after the Superbowl episode. I still think it's one of the best shows on TV, and one I make sure I TiVo, but overall this season hasn't matched up to the first and second.

IMHO, that is. smile.gif

I'm shocked! I watched Godspell last night. Who'd have thought that Jesus would grow up to be Jack Bristow???

FWIW, David Carradine is back on "Alias" tonight.

Also, I'm glad to see Peggy Lipton getting back on good television. She was great on "Twin Peaks."

Still, the show's only 50/50 these days, and I'm hearing rumors about a season finale that, if true, is really going to blow chunks.

I would have to agree with many of the recent comments. This show is really pushing the line of being completely zanny and out of control, but for some reason I keep watching it and am amazed.

Jack was getting to be too much of a good guy. I like his character best when we are questioning whether he is really good or bad.

I thought having Lauren's mom kill Lauren's dad was great writing.

The whole horse desert thing was rediculous. Sark would have seen the horses in the review mirro long before he did if he was really a good evil person!

In addition, I hear we are supposed to find out something about Vaughn's father. It isn't as though I spend valuable time reading forums about this or anything when I should be writing papers. . .wink.gif

Anyways, those are my ramblings. In short I find this movie rather Galazy Quest-ish. For some reason it is just great but it is soooo out there that I'm not sure why.

The sister thing is dumb. The scene in the desert was dumb. Sloane's death and subsequent revival was dumb. The song that was played during his execution was BEYOND dumb.

But man... Jack Bristow is so darn cool.

And I'm still hoping for the glorious return of Spy Mommy.

And anything bad that happens... well, now that they have THE HOURGLASS... which I'm guessing is some kind of time machine.... surely they can just reverse anything bad that happens. Which, of course, sets the stage for spectacularly bad things.

I'm bored and sad.